MUNICH, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced four new R Series boards (USB-7855R, USB-7856R, USB-7855R OEM and USB-7856R OEM) with USB connectivity, which help engineers add FPGA technology to any PC-based system using one of the most widely adopted buses on the market. These products, based on the LabVIEW RIO architecture, are a result of the company's continued investment in the R Series product family.
The LabVIEW RIO architecture is an integral part of the NI graphical system design platform. A modern approach to designing, prototyping and deploying embedded monitoring and control systems, graphical system design combines the open NI LabVIEW graphical programming environment with commercial off-the-shelf hardware to dramatically simplify development, which results in higher-quality designs with the ability to incorporate custom design.
"Using these new USB R Series devices, engineers and scientists can create highly customizable measurement and control systems using standard PC technology," said Jamie Smith, director of embedded systems marketing at National Instruments. "They are ideal for high-performance medical, life science and semiconductor machines."
- Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA: Implement tasks like custom timing and triggering, synchronization, multirate sampling, high-speed control and onboard signal processing.
- Improved I/O: Take advantage of analog input and analog output rates of up to 1 MHz for closed-loop control tasks, as well as digital I/O (DIO) rates of up to 80 MHz.
- Selectable Logic Levels From 1.2 to 3.3 V: Adjust DIO levels to meet specific application requirements.
- Selectable Gain for Analog Input Ranges: Get more resolution at lower voltage ranges.
- OEM Options Available: Get the same power in a board-only form factor with the flexibility to create your own I/O interface.
Learn more about the new USB R Series boards.
About National Instruments Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 683-6394
SOURCE National Instruments