PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- USI Affinity announced six, new enhancements to its Lawyers' Professional Liability (LPL) policies in Connecticut and Maryland.
"Understanding the issues of the legal community and providing unique solutions is always forefront in our mind. We continually analyze our offerings to identify coverage gaps that could impact a firm negatively from a financial or reputational perspective," said Mike Mooney, USI Affinity senior vice president.
With the six, new policy enhancements, USI Affinity is perfectly positioned to offer the most comprehensive policy available to Connecticut and Maryland attorneys. Whether it's requiring a consent to settle, coverage in the event of a breach or reimbursements for loss of earnings, the USI Affinity Lawyers' Professional Liability Insurance Program delivers the coverage needed to protect legal practices.
- Settlement Control – The carrier will never settle a claim on your behalf, without your consent. USI Affinity understands that your reputation is a valuable asset and strives to help you to protect it. Should you choose to fight a claim that you believe has no merit, you will not be responsible to cover the difference between the proposed settlement amount and actual, should the claim be settled against you.
- Loss of Earnings – In the event that you have to make court appearance to fight a claim, you are entitled to recoup those billable hours lost. USI Affinity has negotiated with the carrier for reimbursement of $1000 per day, up to $25,000 per claim and $50,000 in aggregate during the policy period. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- Subpoena Assistance – Responding properly, adequately and timely to a subpoena is critical – but not always easy to do. USI Affinity has negotiated with the carrier to provide Professional Subpoena Assistance and reimbursement up to $50,000 per policy period for all reasonable attorney fees and other costs, expenses and fees related to subpoena response. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- License Protection – You worked hard to earn your license to practice law – what would you do without it? Should a disciplinary proceeding be brought against you, USI Affinity has negotiated to have the carrier cover up to $50,000 per disciplinary proceeding and $100,000 in aggregate, per policy period. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- Reputation Coverage – In today's digital world, news spreads fast - especially bad news. Should your firm be negatively impacted due to false accusations made publicly, USI Affinity has negotiated up to $25,000 reimbursement of reasonable fees, costs and expenses for consulting services provided by a public relations firms for each crisis event, up to $50,000 for all crisis events in a policy period. Payments made are not subject to a deductible.
- Cyber-Breach Notification – In the event of a breach, the correct response in a timely manner is critical. USI Affinity has negotiated to have all fees and expenses associated with breach investigations and adhering to state notification laws covered up to $50,000 per claim and $100,000 aggregate, per policy period. Payments made are not subject to a deductible.
To learn more about these new enhancements, contact Mike Mooney at 610.537.1441 or Mike.Mooney@usi.com
About USI Affinity
For more than 75 years, USI Affinity has developed and administered insurance and financial programs that offer law firms unique advantages in coverage, price and service. As a national leader in protecting the legal profession with more than 50,000 attorneys insured, USI Affinity has the experience and know-how to navigate the marketplace and design the most comprehensive and innovative insurance and benefits packages to fit a firm's individual needs. Visit www.usiaffinity.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usi-affinity-enhances-the-lawyers-professional-liability-offering-in-connecticut-and-maryland-300408725.html
SOURCE USI Affinity