PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- USI Affinity announced six new enhancement to its Lawyers' Professional Liability (LPL) policies in D.C.
As a national leader in protecting the legal profession for more than 75 years, USI Affinity understands the need to protect your reputation, your income and your network. "We are always evaluating emerging risks that lawyers face as they run their practices." said Mike Mooney, Senior Vice President." With that in mind, USI Affinity has negotiated with its carrier to provide these outstanding enhancements, in addition to its current policies which offer superior coverage and bar association membership discounts.
With the six new policy enhancements, USI Affinity is perfectly positioned to offer the most comprehensive policy available to D.C. attorneys. Requiring your consent to settle, covering you in the event of a breach and reimbursing you for loss of earnings – all coupled with a Bar Association membership credit and exclusive risk management and loss prevention services – the D.C. Bar Insurance Programs delivers the coverage you need to protect your practice.
USI Affinity is proud to announce SIX NEW ENHANCEMENTS to the D.C. Bar Lawyers' Professional Liability offering:
- Settlement Control – The carrier will never settle a claim on your behalf, without your consent. USI Affinity understands that your reputation is a valuable asset and strives to help you to protect it. Should you choose to fight a claim that you believe has no merit, you will not be responsible to cover the difference between the proposed settlement amount and actual, should the claim be settled against you.
- Loss of Earnings – In the event that you have to make court appearance to fight a claim, you are entitled to recoup those billable hours lost. USI Affinity has negotiated with the carrier for reimbursement of $1,000 per day, up to $25,000 per claim and $50,000 in aggregate during the policy period. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- Subpoena Assistance – Responding properly, adequately and timely to a subpoena is critical – but not always easy to do. USI Affinity has negotiated with the carrier to provide Professional Subpoena Assistance and reimbursement up to $50,000 per policy period for all reasonable attorneys fees and other costs, expenses and fees related to subpoena response. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- License Protection – You worked hard to earn your license to practice law – what would you do without it? Should a disciplinary proceeding be brought against you, USI Affinity has negotiated to have the carrier cover up to $50,000 per disciplinary proceeding and $100,000 in aggregate, per policy period. Reimbursement not subject to deductible.
- Reputation Coverage – In today's digital world, news spreads fast - especially bad news. Should your firm be negatively impacted due to false accusations made publicly, USI Affinity has negotiated up to $25,000 reimbursement of reasonable fees, costs and expenses for consulting services provided by a public relations firms for each crisis event, up to $50,000 for all crisis events in a policy period. Payments made are not subject to a deductible.
- Cyber-Breach Notification – In the event of a breach, the correct response in a timely manner is critical. USI Affinity has negotiated to have all fees and expenses associated with breach investigations and adhering to state notification laws covered up to $50,000 per claim and $100,000 aggregate, per policy period. Payments made are not subject to a deductible.
USI Affinity is one of the largest writers of Lawyers' Professional Liability in the United States with more than 50,000 attorneys insured. USI Affinity's experience and dedication provides its legal clients with the expertise and market clout to navigate the marketplace, delivering high-value, multi-faceted insurance packages.
To learn more about these new enhancements and how USI Affinity can help you to protect your practice, contact Mike Mooney at 610.537.1441 or Mike.Mooney@usi.com
About USI Affinity
For more than 75 years, USI Affinity has developed and administered insurance and financial programs that offer law firms unique advantages in coverage, price and service. As a national leader in protecting the legal profession with more than 50,000 attorneys insured, USI Affinity has the experience and know-how to navigate the marketplace and design the most comprehensive and innovative insurance and benefits packages to fit a firm's individual needs. Visit www.usiaffinity.com.
Contact: Mike Murphy, Chief Marketing Officer
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usi-affinity-enhances-the-lawyers-professional-liability-offering-in-dc-300337724.html
SOURCE USI Affinity