CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With key positions on nearly every aircraft flying today, UTC Aerospace Systems will exhibit a range of products on booth 3F19 at the Avalon Air Show in Victoria, Australia from February 28 to March 3. Products on display will span military and civil markets and offer critical benefits such as enhanced safety, increased precision and extended situational awareness. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Vireo™ unmanned aerial system (UAS) will make its Australian debut at the show. The company's Vireo™ and Optio™ UAS are applicable to a wide variety of markets and offer low-cost, effective and flexible surveillance from a variety of sensors including electro optical and infra-red. These systems deliver actionable data to law enforcement, government agencies, agriculture producers and first responders.
Also on display on the UTC Aerospace systems stand will be:
- The DB-110 real-time, digital, tactical reconnaissance solution that provides long-range, dual-band EO/IR imaging sensor and fixed and mobile intelligence exploitation systems. The day/night sensor is suitable for use on fast-jets, large UAVs and business jets. Multiple countries worldwide have already selected the DB-110 for their operations.
- The Intelligence Exploitation System (IES), in wide use with both NATO and other countries. As the core ground station, the IES ingests data from multiple sensors, (including the DB-110 sensor), disseminating the resultant fused intelligence rapidly to relevant personnel.
- Stabilized gimbal technology - used to support force protection for helicopters, fixed wing aircraft and small UAVs.
- The TERPROM® digital terrain system is a software-based system that successfully blends and interprets the inputs of a diverse array of sensors to provide the aircraft pilot and crew with full situational awareness, enabling them to fly far more safely and effectively - even in areas where GPS is not available. It is in use with 14 nations worldwide on over 5,000 aircraft.
- A range of micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)-based inertial measurement units (IMU) and integrated inertial navigation/GPS systems. These extremely small, rugged and lightweight units deliver proven, consistent, precision guidance with low manufacturing costs and swift production start-up times to a wide variety of weapons and platforms, including smaller munitions.
- The company's boltless wheel and DURACARB® carbon brake system now being delivered for the C-130 military transport aircraft. The proprietary DURACARB® carbon material provides longer life, higher performance and lower cost of ownership than traditional steel braking systems. Boltless aircraft wheels employ a lock-ring design which substantially lowers maintenance time and cost and reduces parts count when compared to traditional bolted aircraft wheels.
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems