V-me Launches New Lineup in March Two dozen premiere series target key Hispanic passion points: Drama, Lifestyle, Nature
NEW YORK, Feb. 24, /PRNewswire/ -- V-me, the fresh alternative in Spanish broadcast TV, celebrates its third anniversary in March with a new line-up of engaging, high-quality entertainment in Spanish.
With more than two dozen new series, all U.S. Hispanic premieres, V-me combines new original productions with acquisitions from world-class producers including PRISA, BBC, National Geographic, Artear, Turner Latin America, and Off-the-Fence.
"V-me brings quality and engagement with content that fills the gaps in the U.S. Hispanic TV landscape," said Carmen DiRienzo, V-me president and CEO. "Our new programs bring drama beyond novellas while feeding our viewers' hunger for broad ranging lifestyle and factual entertainment. This means new dynamic viewers to Spanish TV and more choices for those already watching Spanish TV."
NEW IN PRIME
Highlighting V-me's new lineup are five cutting-edge series that go far beyond novellas to bring Hispanic viewers a new level of production quality in primetime TV drama. Packed with compelling stories and characters, and carefully adapted for a U.S. audience, V-me's new series serve up a dose of suspense, action, comedy and romance, weeknights at 11:00pm (all times listed are eastern).
- Hay Alguien Ahí – (There's Someone There) Mondays – Supernatural dangers confront a family in a house filled with dark secrets. A ratings winner with young adults in Spain, this is the first paranormal drama ever offered on U.S. Spanish TV.
- Tratame Bien (Be Good To Me) - Tuesdays - A couple in midlife crisis (played by international stars, Julio Chavez and Cecilia Roth) juggles difficult kids, a failing business, affairs, couples therapy and the tragicomedy of everyday life.
- Amistades Peligrosas (Dangerous Friendships) - Wednesdays – Romance is laced with suspense when a group of thirty-somethings reunite ten years after the unsolved murder that shattered their friendship – and nobody is above suspicion.
- Cuenta Atras (Against Time) - Thursdays – in the tradition of 24, Chief Corso – a tough, brilliant loner with a short fuse – leads an elite crime unit in a weekly race against the clock to solve the toughest cases in this action-packed police drama.
- Botines (The Loot) - Fridays - Real-life heists and scams - and the criminal masterminds who planned them - come to life via dramatic recreations.
In addition to these new drama series, V-me also adds engaging new entertainment to its evening lineup:
- En Pantalla (On Screen ) – (Wednesdays 8:30pm) Expanded to a regular weekly half-hour, the only weekly cinema series in Spanish features host Jack Rico with news, reviews, interviews and contests. The program leads into V-me's weekly showcase of contemporary Latin films from Europe and the Americas.
- Estudio Billboard – (Tuesdays 10:00 pm) V-me's original hit music interview series hosted by Leila Cobo is back for a new season of in-depth conversation and intimate performances, featuring artists like Alejandro Sanz, Christian Castro and more.
- Desafio Extremo (Extreme Challenge) – (Thursdays 10:00pm) In the style of Crocodile Hunter or Man vs. Wild, mountain climber/motorcycle racer Jesus Calleja confronts extreme nature, from the world's snowiest peaks to scorching deserts.
- Ciencia Sobrenatural (Supernatural Science) (Tuesdays 9:00pm) - Some phenomena still defy rational explanation - science, experts and dramatic recreations combine in a fascinating series that explores the reality behind the myths.
NEW IN EARLY FRINGE
U.S. Hispanics consistently demonstrate a huge appetite for science and nature programming, and V-me taps into that demand with a world-class, award-winning nature and science lineup that gets even better with new series from National Geographic, BBC and Off-the-Fence. March Premieres include:
- V-me Planeta - V-me's daily nature block (5:30 – 8:00pm) adds a number of series, including Historias Animales (Twisted Tales) - "Unnatural History" that explores how humans' interactions with animals have changed us both; Los Shamwari - the adventures of rangers and animal doctors in an amazing African wilderness; and Shark Gordon – where Ian Gordon plunges viewers into thrilling encounters with exotic underwater species around the world.
- Al Borde del Desastre (Built for Destruction) – Incredible footage of our planet's most devastating storms, floods and eruptions…how do they happen and how can we survive them?
- Sabias Que... ? (I Didn't Know That) – A pop science series that exposes in plain language secret facts about items we often take for granted exploring everything from why popcorn pops to the secrets of the universe.
NEW DAYTIME LIFESTYLE
Cooking, travel, home, health parenting and more – V-me's daytime block continues to fill the steady demand for entertaining and informative lifestyle formats – in Spanish. New premieres include
- Cocinando con Fernando Canales - V-me adds a new flavor to its daily cooking block of chefs from Mexico, Latin America and the US, as the celebrated Basque chef dishes up Spanish specialties with a sense of humor that invites viewers to join in.
- MiMascota.tv – (Pets.tv) Pet news, health and lifestyle reports celebrate the animals we love and the people who love them
- Extreme Food – Swim with piranhas…and then saute them! Strange ingredients, exotic Latin American locales and extreme sports create an entertaining lifestyle mix.
- AM/PM – With local celebrities as your personal tour guides, great cities across Europe and the Americas come to life – day and night - like never before.
- Casas y Mansiones (Beautiful Homes and Great Estates) - Aspire to the good life. See the world's most fantastic homes and prestigious neighborhoods through the eyes of the designers and architects who turn dreams into reality.
NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS
Coming in April - V-me premieres Jorge Gestoso Investiga, a new cutting-edge weekly documentary series with this award-winning journalist who scours the globe to bring the most relevant stores home to the U.S. Hispanic market.
With the nightly primetime news breaks of V-me Noticias, a new season of ideas and analysis from the Pulitzer Prize-winning Oppenheimer Presenta, weekly international documentaries in Cronicas de Nuestro Tiempo, and frequent topical specials, V-me remains a leader in Spanish-Language News and Current Affairs.
NEW IN V-me NINOS
V-me continues to offer young kids – and their parents - the biggest and best block of educational pre-school content on Spanish TV – with world-class acquisitions and exclusive U.S.-based short-form. March premieres include
- Peep – the Emmy-winning animated preschool science series now for the first time in Spanish.
- Dibo – the sociable, generous gift-giving dragon
A full copy of the grid can be found here. New programs are highlighted in yellow.
In nearly 40 markets, V-me is available free over-the-air, and on basic digital cable. V-me is also carried nationally via satellite in the basic and Hispanic packages of Dish Network and DirecTV. In some areas, V-me is available on Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse. For local channel information go to vmetv.com/estaciones.
About V-me: V-me, one of America's largest Spanish networks, entertains and informs Latino families in Spanish with primetime drama, music, sports, current affairs and Latin cinema, along with world class kids, food, lifestyle and nature. The 24-hour network, partnered with public television stations, is currently available in over 70% of all Hispanic homes. V-me is the first venture of the media production and distribution company, V-me Media Inc. To find out more visit www.VmeTV.com.