The data from InCrowd shows that:
- 61% of US pediatricians said they did not see a marked change in the number of patients receiving the recommended vaccination schedule.
- Yet 39% of pediatricians did indeed note a change in the number of patients receiving recommended vaccinations -with 71% of these reporting more patients receiving the recommended vaccinations, and 29% reporting fewer patients.
- The most common parental reservations expressed about vaccination to the surveyed pediatricians include
- Developmental delays associated with autism, with 73% of pediatricians reporting their parents have expressed this concern
- Concerns of parents that too many vaccines are given at one time, was reported by 69% of pediatrician respondents
- Concerns over the ingredients in vaccinations was another common concern among parents, according to 51%, of the pediatrician respondents
- When asked some of the best ways that the healthcare industry could better inform parents about vaccination, 73% of pediatricians suggested public service ads in digital media, print or TV. 61% suggested social media campaigns, and 49% suggested allocating more time during patient visits to discuss vaccination concerns.
The vaccination perception survey used InCrowd's 5-minute MicroSurvey platform to assess the responses of 263 qualified US-based pediatricians with an average of 18 years of practice. Responses were fielded in a several-hour period on May 11, 2016.
Click to Tweet: US pediatricians say vaccination rates consistent, yet parent uncertainty high @InCrowdNow #marketresearch http://bit.ly/2biEpNS @CrowdTalk
For more information regarding InCrowd's research, please contact InCrowd.
InCrowd provides a mobile microsurvey methodology and analytics engine that enables clients to reach targeted specialists and stakeholders easily among our extensive and diverse "Crowd" of healthcare professionals. These experts are available on-demand throughout the United States and around the globe, through the InCrowd platform, which is offered in 20 different languages. The brevity, speed, and simplicity of InCrowd's approach has fundamentally changed the industry by providing quality data in situations where it was previously impossible to get timely market information. Nineteen of the top 20 pharmaceutical firms have relied upon InCrowd's robust quality processes and verified experts to make fast, validated business decisions. For more information, visit www.incrowdnow.com.
InCrowd Media Contacts
Director of Crowd Development
Mary Kae Marinac
PR Representative for InCrowd
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160727/393307LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vaccination-levels-as-reported-by-us-pediatricians-remain-steady-according-to-new-data-from-incrowd-300314572.html