LOS ANGELES, Jan. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Vaco Los Angeles, an award-winning project consulting and direct hire placement firm for accounting and IT professionals, celebrates its 10-year anniversary this month, and in honor of that milestone is sharing its top tips for hiring and building an engaged team.
"When we started Vaco in 2006, my team and I had a unique vision and core values based on flexibility, accountability, teamwork, and true work/life balance for both our employees and the high-level professionals we place. This vision has led to tremendous success as Vaco has grown our consultant base to nearly 200 top-notch finance, accounting, and technology professionals," said Frances Moreno, founder and managing partner, Vaco Los Angeles. "Over the last decade as a top placement firm for consultant and direct-hire positions, we've seen our clients succeed and learned important lessons on how to build an engaged, results-oriented team."
Here are Vaco's top tips:
- Anticipate Success: Hire key players quickly to support success. Hire and expand your team ahead of where you want to be, so you can achieve your next-level goals.
- Hire the Best and Grow Them: Hire sharp employees and provide a career path, training, and growth opportunities so they can grow with the company to boost loyalty, engagement, and productivity.
- Appreciate Your Team: Invest in your people and let them know they're appreciated. In addition to providing good compensation and growth opportunities, offer ongoing professional education, events and activities to thank them for their hard work.
- Flexibility and Accountability: Empower your team with flexibility and hold them accountable for results. We've found that companies that provide flex hours and telecommuting options improve their productivity and engagement.
- Hire for Cultural Fit: Don't get hung up on specific skillsets or industry experience. So often our clients have found that the most important hiring factor is fit with the team culture, not specific experience or skills, since skills can be taught, while culture cannot.
Over the years, Vaco Los Angeles has amassed numerous prestigious awards and honors, including being named to the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles list for the past seven years with four #1 placements, as well as Stevie Women in Business Awards and American Business Awards. Moreno attributes these accomplishments to Vaco's core values – Service, Enjoyment, Care, Results, Expertise, Teamwork. Vaco's workplace culture is built on collaboration and partnership and the company provides employees with flexibility and autonomy to determine how best to achieve their objectives. Because of this unique approach, Vaco has retained high performers with unparalleled market expertise who provide quality service to both corporate clients and highly sought-after consultants.
Said Moreno, "We're thrilled to celebrate our 10th anniversary as this significant milestone is an important accomplishment. In a competitive hiring market like Los Angeles, our track record for success and positive workplace environment attracts the very top talent in finance, accounting, and technology consultants who we place with our corporate clients."
About Vaco Los Angeles
Vaco Los Angeles launched in 2006 and is the premier firm for contract and direct hire placement of accountants and IT professionals. The firm won four gold Stevie Awards for Best Employer and Fastest-growing Company and was recognized as LA's #1 Best Place to Work four times. Vaco Los Angeles is part of a nationwide network of Vaco companies that has been named to the Inc. 5000 list for the past seven years. Further information on Vaco Los Angeles can be found at www.vaco.com/los-angeles.
(714) 957-8880, ext. 113
SOURCE Vaco Los Angeles