Valentine's Day in Seattle Brings Waterfront Dining Indulgence
Steam things up on Valentine's Day at Ivar's Seattle seafood restaurants, featuring aphrodisiacs, half-priced Champagne and love-inspired cocktails
SEATTLE, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle Valentines can take in the view of one another as well as the waterfront by heading to Ivar's full-service restaurants in Seattle and Mukilteo for love-themed dining specials. Ivar's Seattle seafood restaurants, including Ivar's Acres of Clams on Seattle's waterfront, Ivar's Salmon House on North Lake Union and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing next to the ferry docks, will feature a clamtastic menu to celebrate Valentine's Day in Seattle on Thursday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, Feb. 17, including romantic bites, sensual cocktails and half-priced Champagne and sparkling wines. Reservations can be made at http://bit.ly/ivarsvday2013.
Ivar's restaurants combine the delicious seasonal fare with breathtaking waterviews to create an ideal dining destination for couples looking for the ultimate in romance. The full Valentine's Day menu will highlight aphrodisiac ingredients like lobster, ginger, saffron, hazelnuts, vanilla, dark chocolate, strawberries and fennel, all known for increasing desire. Sample menu items and cocktails include:
- Sweetheart's Indulgence for Two –a three-course dinner with a choice of baby greens, Caesar salad, smoked salmon or white clam chowder; filet mignon topped with Dungeness crab and bearnaise sauce; White King Salmon stuffed with baby shrimp and Brie and topped with a saffron fennel vinaigrette; or Northwest crab cakes with a papaya ginger beurre blanc, all served with a side of smooshed red potatoes and steamed broccolini. To complete the dinner share a decadent chocolate fondue for two.
- Wild Alaskan Halibut and Lobster Saffron Risotto – fish is known for its heart-protecting qualities and this delicious halibut dish is no exception. Topped with Roma tomato shallot confit and fresh basil-scallion oil, it's sure to make the heart grow fonder.
- Hazelnut French Vanilla Dark Chocolate Fondue – what day of love is complete without a chocolate treat? Warm up with this fondue special, made for couples to dip fresh baked pound cake, juicy strawberries, kiwi and mangoes into a rich chocolate sauce.
- Midnight Passion – start the night off with a cocktail of St. Germain elderflower liqueur, Sauza Blue Tequila, passion fruit puree, sour and a splash of Sprite
- A Wild Affair – sparkling wine is mixed with Monin Wildberry Fruit Puree and topped with heart garnish; perfect for those looking for a pink drink to celebrate
- Cupid's Arrow – get lovestruck together with a pink cocktail of Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de Blanc, Pearl Blueberry Vodka and a dash of pomegranate syrup
- Will You be My Mojito? – things get heated up with a twist on this tropical favorite made with Cuervo Gold tequila, Creme de Cassis, lime wedges, and fresh mint leaves topped off with soda and brown sugar
Valentine's Day reservations are required, and can be booked on Ivar's website, or by calling the individual restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, located on Pier 54 on the Seattle waterfront, at 206-624-6852; Ivar's Salmon House situated on North Lake Union at 401 NE Northlake Way, at 206-632-0767 or Ivar's Mukilteo Landing adjacent to the Mukilteo ferry terminal at 710 Front St., at 425-742-6180.
Ivar's Seafood Restaurants began on Seattle's waterfront in 1938. Today, there are 23 Ivar's fast casual Seafood Bars and three full-service restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Ivar's Seafood, Soup and Sauce Company markets and sells its award-winning soups, chowders and sauces both nationally and internationally. The company also operates regional stadium concessions including Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field and KeyArena. Learn more at www.ivars.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.