Valerie Jarrett and Soledad O'Brien to Headline SHRM 2011 Employment Law & Legislative Conference
ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett and CNN Anchor and Special Correspondent Soledad O'Brien will headline the SHRM 2011 Employment Law & Legislative Conference scheduled March 14-16 at the Hyatt Regency Washington hotel in Washington, D.C.
The SHRM — Society for Human Resource Management — conference is expected to draw more than 600 HR professionals nationwide and will feature roughly 20 highly-specific sessions on employment law and public policy issues. Regulatory and compliance experts, employment attorneys, and SHRM experts will address:
- workplace flexibility issues;
- background checks;
- executive compensation;
- labor and management issues;
- health care reform;
- the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA); and
- other contemporary employer and policy issues impacting HR
"Mere months into a new year, the 2011 legislative debates are shaping up to be historic, impacting the American workplace and businesses significantly, said SHRM Interim President and CEO Henry 'Hank' Jackson."
The SHRM 2011 Employment Law & Legislative Conference is an annual event providing attendees critical legal information needed to meet compliance requirements in managing people. Conference attendees will also hear from the SHRM government affairs team the latest in advocacy and lobbying efforts on behalf of the HR profession.
"HR practitioners in organizations large and small, for profit and not, are tasked with critical leadership responsibilities to ensure their organization complies with federal employment laws and regulations," said Mike Aitken, director of government relations at SHRM. "The 2011 conference will provide HR professionals timely compliance updates, topical employment law sessions, and legislative insight."
Featured speakers include:
- Victoria Lipnic and Chai Feldblum – the two EEOC Commissioners will discuss the ADAAA regulations;
- Lynn Shotwell – executive director of the American Council on International Personnel will discuss immigration;
- Douglas Brinkley – professor of history at Rice University and author of "The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America," will provide historical context to contemporary public policy issues; and
- legal, regulatory, and compliance experts with subject-matter insight into timely workplace issues.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.shrm.org/Conferences/EmploymentLawLegislativeConference/Pages/default.aspx.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China and India. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org.
SOURCE Society for Human Resource Management
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.