LARGO, Fla., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring is (almost) here and homeowners know what that means…a house full of projects. This season, Valpak encourages individuals to lessen the stress and hire a professional for the heavy-duty work, allowing more opportunities to focus on family.
For more than 45 years, Valpak has provided local savings on goods and services, including home services. This year, the coupon company teams with home and lifestyle expert Laura Dellutri, to empower consumers to "get their spring back." With the help of a convenient mobile app, Valpak.com and its recognizable Blue Envelope®, Valpak makes it easier than ever to save money, time and a little sanity this spring.
"Spring is a great time to get re-organized and assess all your home and personal needs," said Dellutri. "Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day to prioritize what is most important. Staying organized can help check those home-related tasks off the list, creating more opportunities to be with friends and family, and save lots of money along the way."
For many homeowners, spring is a common time to complete tasks that have lingered for months, but in actuality, are much better suited for professionals. Consumers looking to save money may spend more in the long-run by handling a job they're not qualified to tackle, whether it's carpet cleaning, landscaping or installing a new garage door or windows.
"During spring, many local business offer great savings on an array of home-related services, making it easier than ever to save money," said Michael Vivio, President of Cox Target Media, provider of Valpak. "When consumers take advantage of these types of deals, they've got more time to do the things they enjoy."
Inspired by the many money-saving offers, Dellutri designed a series of "spring renewal" tips to help people feel refreshed and accomplished this season:
Take the Work Out of Spring Cleaning
- Whether it's maid service, carpet cleaning, closet design, or painting indoors or outside, let the professionals do the heavy lifting. By taking advantage of a great Valpak offer in your local area, you can save money, time and a little sanity this spring.
Turn Your Bedroom in to a Sanctuary
- We spend more time in our bedroom than any other room in the home – about 1/3 every day. Call a professional to clean the carpets and drapes. Enjoy a bit of "update shopping" and opt for a new bedspread, comfy pillows and accent decor to help you revamp one of our favorite spaces.
Explore a New Hobby
- Spring is a great time to try something new and many local business offer great deals on outdoor activities like boot camps, yoga and more. Get outdoors and enjoy the weather.
Make Time for Moi
- By calling a professional for spring-related services, you ultimately make time for yourself – because we all need a little TLC! Check the Valpak app on your phone for convenient offers and deals at local spas, hair and nail salons, and more. Consider taking a friend along to join in the savings and spend time quality together.
Identify the "Real" Household Needs
- Determine which home care projects and updates are most important and what can be put on the backburner. By use of a white board and help from the family, determine what the necessities are (i.e. plumbing or foundational needs), versus cosmetic "wants" (i.e. new granite countertops, or stainless steel appliances).
Often the combination of work, kids, errands and the daily issues we face can be overwhelming, so taking time for you should not be a guilt-fest," added Dellutri. "A combination of home, family and 'me,' creates a healthy balance to keep you focused, feeling great and smiling, even when those spring showers come along."
Follow @Valpakcoupons for more money-saving tips and news from Valpak and Laura Dellutri. On-the-go and need a coupon? Download the Valpak app to save money anywhere at any time. Visit www.valpak.com for more information.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media. With nearly 170 franchises across the United States and Canada, the signature Blue Envelope® delivers coupons and savings to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions online through http://www.valpak.com and http://www.valpak.ca, sites offering free coupons, e-commerce and coupon codes. Additionally, the Valpak mobile coupon app for smartphone platforms delivers easy to find savings for consumers. For more information about advertising with Valpak, please contact 1-800-676-6878.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
About Laura Dellutri
Laura Dellutri, is today's hero for busy working families. She is the resident Life and Style Expert on Nationally Syndicated Show THE DAILY BUZZ TV which airs in 163 cities nationwide. Laura is always armed with tried and true savvy secrets from being a mother, running a household, and operating successful businesses she represents and understands all the trials and tribulations that today's families deal with. She is a public speaker, radio and television personality and the author of Four books; Quick Clean Your Home, Speed Cleaning 101 andWhite Couch With KIDS?! and her new book "The Overworked Mom's Stress Free Homekeeping" Laura has appeared on on many local and national radio and television shows, including ABC's The View, The Montel Williams Show, CBS New York's CBS The Early Show., NBC, FOX, CBS, WB, HGTV, FINE LIVING, STYLE NETWORK, Her cleaning tips and advice have also been featured in magazines like Real Simple, Redbook, Women's Day, and Family Circle.
8605 Largo Lakes Drive
Largo, FL 33773