NORFOLK, Va., July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ValueOptions®, Inc., a health improvement company specializing in mental and emotional wellbeing and recovery, is uniting with the National Military Family Association in promotion of the MyMilitaryLife app. The free app, available for Android and iPhone, connects families with support resources customized to fit their lifestyle. ValueOptions offers the app to more than 30 million members through its Achieve Solutions website.
"Along with everyday family matters like budgeting, staying healthy and managing a career, our military families face their own unique set of challenges: nurturing family relationships during deployment, for instance, or finding reliable child care in a new area," said Kerry Mooney, ValueOptions' Executive Vice President, Federal Division. "MyMilitaryLife connects military families to information and resources for both logistical and personal needs, providing crucial support at every level—all in one place, and all at the touch of a button."
Designed with the mobile military lifestyle in mind, MyMilitaryLife delivers an on-the-go network of practical resources, to-do lists and reminders, all customized by service branch, location and family needs. Users can choose to be guided through any of these 11 different "Life Paths":
- The Basics (Health care, housing, legal and financial information)
- Moving (Preparing for a move, finding information on new duty station, family adjustment)
- Having a Baby (Support during deployment, nutrition, health care, adoption)
- Raising Kids (Health and dental care, child care, school programs, supporting a special needs child)
- Spouse Education (Scholarships, deciding on a school, transferring credits)
- Spouse Employment (Job opportunities, transferring professional licenses, networking)
- Reintegration (Reconnecting with a spouse, helping children adjust, mental health)
- Deployment (Coping with separation, deployment pay, handling emergencies)
- Separation or Retirement (Benefits, transition counseling, budgeting for civilian life)
- Survivors (Preparing final arrangements, grief and loss, changes in benefits)
- Caregivers (Illness, hospital care, caregiver benefits, securing job leave)
"ValueOptions began as a single contract to serve our active and retired military personnel and their families," said Ronald I. Dozoretz, M.D., ValueOptions' founder and chairman. "Today, more than 30 years later, our mission to ensure military families receive the support they deserve remains the same. We are proud to continue this mission by joining with the National Military Family Association in promotion of their MyMilitaryLife app, a tool that will navigate our service members and their loved ones through every stage of military life."
For more information on the MyMilitaryLife app, visit www.mymilitarylife.org.
ValueOptions is a health improvement company that serves more than 34 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential. Visit www.valueoptions.com for more information.
About the National Military Family Association
Military families serve our country with pride, honor, and quiet dedication. The National Military Family Association is the leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening and protecting the families of the men and women currently serving, retired, wounded or fallen. We provide families of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Commissioned Corps of the USPHS and NOAA with information, work to get them the benefits they deserve, and offer programs that improve their lives. Our 44 years of service and accomplishments have made us a trusted resource for military families and the Nation's leaders. To learn more, visit www.MilitaryFamily.org.
SOURCE ValueOptions, Inc.