Vandemonium in Vegas! Ford Prepares to Unleash 10 Custom Transit Connect Vehicles at SEMA 2013
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford shows off the all-new and versatile 2014 Transit Connect with 10 customized van and wagon models for the annual SEMA show in Las Vegas
- Custom builders will present a variety of ideas, from a mobile upscale clothing boutique to an on-the-go hot rod repair shop
- Ford, a leader in the large passenger vehicle segment with Transit Connect since 2009, plans to launch an all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van early next year
Ford's all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van will roar into the Specialty Equipment Market Association's annual show with 10 custom-modified versions at the Las Vegas Convention Center Nov. 5-8.
The industry's top aftermarket custom builders transformed six Transit Connect vans and four wagons, expressing their creativity through elaborate interior reconstructions, blazing graphics and eye-catching exteriors. This reimagining of Transit Connect showcases the lineup's versatility and creative potential – especially for commercial use.
Ford Transit Connect, named International Van of the Year 2014, has been a smart choice for small business owners since it launched in North America in 2009. The compact van earned the 2010 North American Truck of the Year title, adding to its global reputation for durability and toughness that dates back to its launch in Europe in 2003.
As Ford launches the newest version of Transit Connect, two distinct models will be offered – the traditional, hard-working cargo van, a panel-side hauler; and an all-new wagon model, a stylish, spacious and fuel-efficient people mover. Transit Connect Wagon features sliding doors and flexible, fold-flat seating for up to seven passengers.
For SEMA 2013, Ford challenged aftermarket customizers to show how the 2014 Transit Connect could take families and businesses further by imagining what is possible. The builders responded, with wild designs, cool custom features and over-the-top ideas.
Meet the stars of Vandemonium
- Blood & Grease transformed a Transit Connect cargo van into a high-end fashion boutique on four wheels
- CGS Motorsports created a mobile speed shop for the drag strip
- eJudged repurposed a Transit Connect into a stylish mobile hot spot, loaded with technology for the road
- Impulse Marketing & Media looks back to a simpler time; it transformed a Transit Connect cargo van into a baked goods delivery vehicle
- K-Daddyz Kustomz created a mobile workplace for graphic design
- LGE*CTS Motorsports turned a Transit Connect Wagon into a Cross Country cruiser complete with top-of-the-line technology
- Mobsteel created the ultimate mobile billboard – a chopped and lowered Transit Connect cargo van promoting what Detroit Steel Wheel Company does best
- Pentech Automotive turned a Transit Connect Wagon into a vehicle gamers can take on the road
- Strange Motion designed a Transit Connect Wagon especially for its BMX team, with room to haul six bikes and six people
And there's more to come. Stay tuned for details on a yet-to-be-unveiled 10th customized Ford Transit Connect that will be on display at SEMA next month.
To see the full Vandemonium family, visit the #FordSEMA Dreamcase here: http://ford.to/1cwVX6y.
For more information about Transit Connect cargo van and Transit Connect Wagon, including pricing, visit http://ford.to/1886uNT.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 180,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company