LAS VEGAS, May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2016
- VCE VxRack System 1000 with new Neutrino Nodes delivers fast, low-risk deployment of on-premises cloud environments to give customers more control and visibility
- Enables provisioning of cloud-native IaaS environments in less than one hour
- Designed to support multiple cloud-native IaaS and data stacks including OpenStack VMware Photon Platform and Apache Hadoop
- Provides IaaS foundation for the new EMC Native Hybrid Cloud – a fully engineered turnkey developer platform that accelerates and simplifies cloud-native application development and deployment using Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- New Neutrino Nodes complement existing FLEX Nodes and SDDC Nodes
Connect With Us at EMC World:
- Session Streaming: For video of keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, click here
- Social: Follow @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, @EMC_News and @VCE; join conversations with #EMCWORLD, #VxRack and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: Access event photos via Flickr
- Live Chat: Click here to join the "Ask Me Anything" CrowdChat with Jeremy Burton, President of Products and Marketing, on Tuesday, May 3 at 12:00 PM PDT/ 3:00PM EDT
- News: View additional related news from EMC Pulse Blog or visit the special EMC WORLD News microsite here
- Blog: "What If You Need Cloud Native That Just Works?"
- EMC Community Network Site https://community.emc.com/community/products/vxrack
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has expanded its VCE® VxRack™ System 1000 to provide a turnkey cloud-native IaaS experience through new 'Neutrino' nodes. The flexibility of the VxRack System is rooted in its rack-scale design, allowing enterprises, ISV's and Service Providers to leverage different node types for different workloads as they accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. The VxRack System enables workloads to operate at scale by providing a fully engineered hyper-converged rack-scale system – compute, storage and networking – with integrated management. This delivers simplified data center operations, greatly reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to a traditional SAN, and easy scaling-on-demand.
The VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes makes the complex simple. Customers can deploy an enterprise-grade cloud-native IaaS in just a few days with built-in automation as well as dynamically provision resources for the first time in less than one hour. In addition, the software automation layer enables simple "day two" operations including robust monitoring and reporting, single click software upgrades, and single vendor support of these open-source, cloud-native IaaS and data stacks, automating what many customers have discovered is a very complex changing ecosystem and operational tasks that require rare and deep expertise.
VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes is a foundation for multiple cloud-native services including OpenStack, VMware Photon Platform, and Apache Hadoop. VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes serves as one of the underlying IaaS options for the new EMC® Native Hybrid Cloud™ (NHC™) platform announced today. NHC is an engineered turnkey platform that delivers developer and infrastructure services in as few as two days. NHC enables the DevOps model with an "it just works" experience and brings developers a rich set of services to rapidly build, deploy, scale and manage the cloud-native application life cycle while providing the needed visibility, control and financial insights to IT.
VCE VxRack System 1000 Series
The VxRack System is currently the only hyper-converged rack-scale engineered system with pre-integrated networking that satisfies the scalability and management requirements of today's workload environments. It allows customers to reduce cost and risk by buying versus building an infrastructure platform that can run traditional business applications or deploy cloud-native applications. EMC provides the ability to map the VxRack System to specific application environments via three software-defined nodes – Neutrino Nodes, FLEX Nodes and SDDC Nodes. Nodes are optimized for their workloads and are tightly integrated with the VxRack System architecture and management and orchestration to deliver a fully tested, pre-configured, hyper-converged system with automated provisioning, simplified management and robust reporting capabilities at data center and Service Provider scale – with hundreds of nodes. The VxRack System supports deployment of a variety of application workloads on the same infrastructure, allowing IT to rapidly deliver new services while improving overall agility and efficiency.
VxRack System 1000 Node Options
In addition to the new Neutrino Nodes, EMC provides FLEX Nodes and SDDC Nodes that are optimized for specific workloads:
- VxRack with FLEX Nodes leverages EMC® ScaleIO® software-defined storage to create a flexible, open and heterogeneous foundation for delivering IaaS at scale. It is optimized for enterprises data centers and Service Providers that want an easy deploy software-defined architecture optimized for a wide range of traditional enterprise workloads across a heterogeneous set of abstraction models. As more nodes are added, throughput and IOPS increase, simply and easily. Performance scales linearly and bottlenecks are avoided. This system can start as small as a single Node and can scale to many thousands of Nodes – delivering thousands of CPU cores, more than a petabyte of RAM, many tens of petabytes of storage capacity, and tens of millions of IOPS while delivering the high performance and value along each metric according to an ESG Lab Validation.
- VxRack with VMware SDDC Nodes is purpose-built for IT organizations that have standardized on VMware software defined datacenter cloud technologies and want the best foundation for a wide variety of enterprise workloads. These VMware centric enterprises data centers and Service Providers want an easy-to-deploy software-defined architecture optimized for a wide range of traditional enterprise workloads. The SDDC Nodes comprise of hardware and software components including VMware vSphere Enterprise, VMware Virtual SAN, VMware NSX, vCenter Server, and key components of VMware vRealize Suite. The VMware technologies are used in data centers at hundreds of thousands of mid- to the largest- scale organizations. Customers gain single pane of glass visibility and control for both physical and virtual resources.
Regardless of the type of Node deployed, a VxRack System is designed to give customers a competitive advantage with accelerated time to market for new services and applications, and reduced IT complexity to deliver speed, agility and security. The VxRack System provides the following:
- Ability to start small (1/3 rack) and scale big (many racks, hundreds or thousands of nodes) by quickly adding nodes in cost effective increments to meet evolving demands.
- A fully integrated Cisco rack-scale spine-and-leaf network fabric with pre-integrated physical networking that is architected for extreme scalability, a distinct advantage at scale versus hyper-converged appliances that leave the networking domain outside the system and support boundary. Each Node type also brings software-defined networking capabilities in addition to the powerful physical network layer.
- A simple user interface to efficiently deploy, monitor, and support system resources.
- Complete lifecycle management through pre-tested software and hardware releases and upgrades.
- Software-defined storage, compute and networking for the deployment of next generation mobile, cloud and mixed workloads including traditional and cloud focused applications.
- More than 30 percent improved TCO compared to a traditional 30 percent through reduced resources for administration, elastic expansion and non-disruptive software and hardware upgrades – in addition to lower power, cooling, and floor space compared to traditional infrastructure
VCE infrastructure with industry-leading lifecycle management delivers an unmatched customer experience proven to reduce risk and deliver data center transformation. VCE's extensive roadmap planning, integration and interoperability testing take the guesswork and complexity of future-proofing infrastructure, enabling rapid technology adoption of hardware enhancements as well as incorporation of emerging technologies such as EMC DSSD, which is planned to be available in the VxRack System later this year to dramatically accelerate performance for targeted workloads. The VxRack System will also take advantage of the VCE Vscale™ Architecture and VCE Vision® software to provide data center scale resource pooling with consistent converged operations and management. This unified data center architecture that spans multiple locations and geographies adds another critical dimension to scale and flexibility offered by EMC.
VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes support for OpenStack is orderable and available in Q3 2016. VxRack System with Neutrino Nodes support for Photon Platform and Hadoop Apache will be available next year. VxRack System 1000 is highly customizable and configurations start at $300,000.
Lance Albertson, Director, Oregon State University |Open Source Lab
"Our plan was to build our own test and development platform for continuous integration until we learned about the VxRack with Neutrino Nodes and how it will reduce time, risk and costs associated with this project. Having an OpenStack approach based on the VxRack System will dramatically enhance the lab's ability to provide cloud-native services with the agility, scale and reliability we need to truly embrace digital transformation."
Market Industry Analyst Quote
Colm Keegan, Senior Analyst, ESG
"Organizations need to drive out costs associated with IT and one of the best ways to do this is to buy vs build infrastructure. The VxRack System 1000 Series with its choice of optimized nodes is making it possible for more workloads to run on engineered systems so IT organizations can spend their time delivering new services and applications that drive the business. The new Neutrino Nodes are bringing the simplicity, predictability and speed to cloud native IaaS environments."
EMC Executive Quote
Chad Sakac, President, VCE, the Converged Platforms Division of EMC.
"The VxRack System 1000 Series is helping IT organizations solve challenges by providing new ways of serving workloads associated with both traditional and growing web and mobile applications. As open source technologies for the development of cloud-native applications and services become more prevalent, IT organizations need a stable platform like the VxRack with Neutrino Nodes for onsite IaaS that can successfully run production workloads."
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC2, EMC, the EMC logo, Native Hybrid Cloud, NHC and ScaleIO are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VCE, VCE Vision, VCE Vscale, VxRack, and the VCE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) risks associated with the proposed acquisition of EMC by Denali Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Dell, Inc., including, among others, assumptions related to the ability to close the acquisition, the expected closing date and its anticipated costs and benefits; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (v) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vi) component and product quality and availability; (vii) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (viii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (ix) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (x) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xi) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiv) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xvi) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vce-vxrack-system-1000-goes-cloud-native-300261672.html
SOURCE EMC Corporation