NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- "VCSEL market to exhibit high growth between 2016 and 2022"
The VCSEL market was valued at USD 954.6 million in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 17.3% between 2016 and 2022. The key driving factors for the growth of the market include greater accuracy and operational efficiency of VCSELs compared to light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and edge-emitting lasers (EELs). On the other hand, limitation in data transmission range is restraining the growth of the VCSEL market.
"Data center to hold the largest market of VCSEL during the forecast period"
VCSELs are used widely in the data centers. Data centers are services that store and distribute the data on the internet. Due to growing number of internet users the amount of data has also increased which requires bandwidth and speed capabilities for data communication. VCSELs prove beneficial as they provide high-speed networking technologies and increased data rates. The low-cost solutions offered by VCSELs make them a significant technology in data centers.
"APAC to grow at the highest rate in the VCSEL market"
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022, owing to the increasing industrialization and urbanization in this region. The emergence of new technologies in Asia-Pacific have increased the demand for data communication. VCSEL technology offers benefits such as lower power consumption, low manufacturing costs, continuous tuning, and spectral purity. These benefits offered by VCSEL have increased its use in automotive and consumer electronics sectors in this region. Japan, China, India, and South Korea hold a significant share of the VCSEL market in the APAC region.
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 40%, Tier 2 - 35%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 35%, Directors - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, APAC - 30%, Europe - 20%, and RoW - 5%
The major key players offering various products in the VCSEL market in this region includes Broadcom Limited (U.S.), Finisar Corporation (U.S.), Lumentum Holdings Inc. (U.S.), Royal Philips (Netherlands), and II-VI Incorporated (U.S.), IQE PLC (U.K.), Vertilas GmbH (Germany), Princeton Optronics Inc. (U.S.),Vixar Inc. (U.S.) and Santec Corporation(Japan), among others.
In this report, various segments such as type, application, end user, and geography have been covered. It also discusses about the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report gives a detailed view of the market across four main regions: the North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW (comprising the South America, Middle East and Africa). The Porter's five forces analysis has been included in the report, along with the description of each of its forces and their impact on the said market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, application, end user, and geography.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the VCSEL market.
- Major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the VCSEL market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for markets based on type, application, end user and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the market.
- A detailed competitive landscape is given that includes key players, revenue of key players, and strategic developments, among others.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04694764-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.