FORT MILL, S.C., Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- VELUX® America's commercial skylight product selection now includes the VELUX Dynamic Dome (DD) line, the Venting Modular Skylight (VMS) line and the VELUX SUN TUNNEL (ST) tubular skylight line, providing a broad and varied product selection for commercial daylighting and ventilation needs.
VELUX Dynamic Dome (DD) Skylight Line
VELUX Dynamic Dome skylights balance light transmittance, industry structural demands, and architectural elegance while contributing significantly to reducing lighting costs.
Engineered to reflect less light and to harvest more light in the early morning and late afternoon, the design maximizes low sun angle performance. This can result in significantly reduced energy costs as electric lights can be turned off earlier in the day and back on later in the day.
The skylights utilize a number of innovative new features:
- Light Harvesting – The sidewalls of the domes are engineered to match the angles of the sun during low-light periods of morning and evening to harvest and transfer more light indoors and dome height is optimized to harvest more light.
- Industry Leading Strength and Appearance – A repeating pattern of ridges and ribs offer uncompromising strength with a visually stunning architectural design.
- Superior Water Management – A fail-safe proprietary wicking system evacuates condensation to the exterior of the skylight.
- Secure Thermal Seal – The domes incorporate an encapsulating design that provides an impenetrable water barrier with a 100 percent thermally broken skylight frame.
- Competitive Market Pricing – New manufacturing equipment and procedures create greater production efficiencies and shipping methods for the domes allow for compounded savings in freight.
- Architectural Elegance – The design and appearance compliments the functionality of the domes and they will be recognized as a distinctive quality product.
For additional information visit http://www.veluxusa.com/professional/commercial.
VELUX Modular Skylights (VMS) Line
Designed in cooperation with architects from London-based Foster + Partners, VMS ventilation and sun screening components are integrated within the skylight design. This fully prefabricated skylight concept offers the same benefits to commercial buildings that VELUX residential skylights offer to residences.
The skylight system is unique to VELUX and to the skylight world where commercial daylighting is concerned. There is no structural framing between the skylights where typically with commercial skylights the opening is filled with a costly metal framework and then individual sections of glass are wet-glazed into place.
The VMS modular skylight system is a complete, unitized system that is fitted over the opening on a site-built curb, offering the installation speed of a pre-designed, pre-engineered system requiring no caulking, no putty, no welding, no boring or soldering.
The skylights are available in fixed and venting configurations and shades are custom-built for each unit. Custom sizing, colors and glazings are also available and VELUX pre-installs everything in a quality-controlled manufacturing environment where all electronics are bench-tested before leaving the factory. The VELUX-supplied control system allows for integration of the shades and skylight window motors into a building energy management system to not only provide daylight and fresh air but to enable automated climate control to help offset HVAC energy loads.
For additional information visit www.modularskylights.velux.com.
VELUX Commercial SUN TUNNEL™ (ST) Skylight Line
The SUN TUNNEL skylight line features the VELUX SunCurve System for better light collection and energy performance and the Flexi-Loc™ tunnel assembly system for faster installation.
The SunCurve System, a highly transmissive light capturing technology, captures more morning and evening daylight while diffusing the powerful afternoon sunlight to provide a more even and appealing light output throughout the day.
The Flexi-Loc™ tunnel assembly system, which utilizes clips rather than screws, enables installers to save approximately 50 percent of the time required for tunnel assembly while making quick, easy, and adjustable connections.
In addition to the SunCurve dome configuration, a full line of 14" and 22" standard commercial SUN TUNNELS is available. Commercial ceiling options include hard, suspended and open, while diffuser options include frosted for aesthetics, prismatic for a look and feel to match existing architectural design, and Fresnel to maximize light distribution.
For additional information visit www.veluxusa.com/professional/commercial/products/commercial-suntunnels.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/velux-commercial-skylight-selection-provides-choices-for-architects-developers-builders-and-remodelers-300367493.html
SOURCE VELUX America LLC