LONDON, March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AMA Research have published the 3rd edition of the report 'Ventilation and Air Conditioning Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. Incorporating original input and primary research, the report represents an informed and up-to-date and detailed review of the ventilation and air conditioning market and offers excellent value for money.
Key areas covered:
• Ventilation: non-domestic systems (axial, centrifugal, and other fans, commercial system, demand control ventilation, MVE, MVHR etc.).
• Ventilation: domestic systems (intermittent extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems MVE, MVHR etc).
• Air conditioning: packaged systems (split systems, cassettes, VRF, portables, self-contained, close control etc.)
• Air conditioning: central station systems (AHUs, chillers, condensers, cooling towers, terminal units – fan coil units, chilled beams/ceilings, VAV units etc.)
• Accessories: Ducting, filters, natural ventilators, grilles, diffusers, registers, dampers, other products including chimneys, flues, valves, cowls etc.
This market is substantial, with an estimated total value of over £1 billion at manufacturers' prices. In recent years the UK ventilation and air conditioning market has benefited from increasing health, safety and energy efficiency legislation, revised Building Regulations and environmental legislation. This has stimulated product innovation and development.
Key areas of insight include:
• Growing awareness about the importance of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) with revisions to the Building Regulations resulting in the greater air tightness of buildings.
• Impact of increasing legislation – ErP Directive, Part F, Part L, ODS Regulation, Fire and Smoke, F-Gas, Code for Sustainable Homes, SAP etc
• Introduction of a number of Government initiatives providing underlying, long term market motivation - The Green Deal, roll-out of smart meters, the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, Enhanced Capital Allowance, RHI etc.
• Impact of the recovering UK economy on domestic housebuilding and non-domestic construction sectors. Areas of potential future market opportunity for VAC suppliers.
• Considerable replacement opportunities in existing buildings; there are still a large number of buildings with inadequate or inefficient VAC systems.
• Product innovation and technological developments – variable speed drives, multiple scroll compressors, EC motors, free cooling, demand control ventilation, VRF, continuous mechanical ventilation systems, heat recovery, etc.
Key areas covered in the report include:
THE UK VENTILATION MARKET
• Overall market size, trends and forecasts – legislative changes (Part F, Part L, SAP, New Housing Standards), environmental concerns (ECO, Green Deal, Smart Meters, CRC, RHI). ErP Directive (2015, 2018) etc. Market mix (non-domestic, domestic).
• Forecasts through to 2019.
• Non-domestic ventilation – product mix (axial fans, centrifugal fans, other fans/systems). Analysis by product group – axial fans (bifurcated, tunnel, variable pitch, plate mounted propeller, contra rotating, jet thrust etc.), centrifugal fans, cross-flow (tangential), roof extract, desk, box and ceiling, Atex compliant, flue dilution etc. Commercial system ventilation including demand control ventilation, also MVHR and MVE systems.
• Domestic ventilation – product mix (intermittent extract fans, continuous mechanical ventilation systems). Analysis by product group – intermittent extract fans (market size, developments, influences, application mix etc.), continuous mechanical ventilation systems (MVE, MVHR, and PIV), product mix, market size, new build trends etc.)
• Major manufacturers – market shares, factors influencing market position, characteristics, turnover etc.
• Review of distribution non-domestic ventilation, domestic ventilation – key channels and developments.
• Future prospects in all product sectors.
THE UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET
• Total market size, trends, key market influences and forecasts to 2019.
• Market size, mix and structure by product group – packaged and central station systems.
• Packaged Air Conditioning (PAC) – product mix (split systems, portables, self-contained, close control). Analysis by product group, development of VRF systems, key influences, trends etc.
• Central Station Air Conditioning Plant (CSACP) – product mix (AHU's, chillers/condensers, terminal units – fan coil units, chilled beams / ceilings, VAV units). Analysis by product group, trends, influences, innovations etc.
• Leading manufacturers – market shares, characteristics, turnover etc.
• Review of distribution by product group – key channels and developments.
THE ACCESSORIES MARKET
• Accessories market size, key driving factors, future prospects.
• Ventilation and air conditioning accessories – product mix (ducting, filters, grilles/diffusers/registers, dampers, natural ventilators - trickle, louvers, acoustic, PSV etc., other accessories – chimneys, flues valves, cowls etc. key influences and trends, major suppliers etc.
• Review of distribution – key channels and developments.
• Future prospects – Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Accessories - with forecasts through to 2019.
• Key future influences – trends in housebuilding and non-domestic construction, RMI activity, fuel prices, energy efficiency legislation, renewable technologies plus climatic factors.
The UK ventilation and air conditioning market is significant, and the core product sectors of the market are ventilation, air conditioning and accessories. Between 2010 and 2012, the UK ventilation and air conditioning market was relatively static in line with the uncertain economic situation at this time. However, since 2013 the market has stabilised, with demand picking up as the economy recovers.
The majority of domestic ventilation products are distributed via merchants, DIY multiples and electrical wholesalers. Other channels include the internet, specialist heating and ventilation retailers, hardware stores, department stores, grocery multiples and catalogues. Non-domestic ventilation products are commonly distributed direct to the contractor or end-user but are also sold via the trade distributors. Packaged air conditioning systems tend to be sold either direct to contractors or via trade distributors, though products are also available from non-specialist retail outlets, the internet and the DIY Multiples. Central station air conditioning systems are generally distributed direct to contractors, while the remainder is accounted for by direct sales to other customers including the utilities and public sector applications.
The future performance of the UK ventilation and air conditioning market is likely to be influenced by overall trends in housebuilding and non-domestic construction, RMI activity, fuel prices, energy efficiency legislation, renewable technologies, levels of personal disposable income, plus climatic factors and air temperatures. More specifically, initiatives include The ErP Directive for ventilation fans, the European Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Regulation, the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme which targets emissions from large public and private sector organisations, EU Fire Legislation and general concerns relating to fire and smoke precautions and The Green Deal. Enhanced levels of market penetration are also likely to arise from product innovation and technological developments that will lead to an overall increase in system efficiencies. For example, variable speed drives, multiple scroll compressors, EC motors, heat recovery and demand control ventilation.
The current forecast is based on steady growth in the economy and on business and consumer confidence levels. By 2019 it is estimated that the UK ventilation and air conditioning market will have increased by around 10% when compared to the estimated market size in 2015. In overall terms, the UK ventilation and air conditioning market exhibits the characteristics of an increasingly mature market with manufacturers developing brand and product differentiation and niche specific sectors in order to secure competitive advantage. The relatively wide range of end use sectors and specialist applications for UK ventilation and air conditioning products represents a supporting factor in terms of the long term market development.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516942/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48