NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Verizon announced that the newest player in the Motorola line-up, the Moto G Play prepaid smartphone, is now available on Verizon, the better network. Enjoy your favorite videos and games in vibrant HD, talk all day on a single charge, shoot crisp photos and more with the water-repellent Moto G Play—all on the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network. The Moto G Play is available today online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon retail stores.
The Moto G Play features a large 5", 720p HD resolution display, ensuring sharp pictures and vibrant colors on everything you love. Other features include:
- A 2800 mAH battery, providing all-day use with a single charge*
- Powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon quad-core processor and runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- An 8MP rear-facing camera featuring a fast f/2.2 lens, LED flash and a sensor that uses larger-than-average pixels. Capture great video at 30 fps in 1080p
- A 5MP front-facing camera perfect for selfies and video chats.
- Advanced nano-coating that creates a water-repellent barrier that helps guard against moderate exposure to accidental spills, splashes and light rain**
The Moto G Play is available for just $84.99 with no activation fee when you purchase it on one of Verizon's prepaid plans. Simply pay ahead of time and commit for as long (or as short) a time as you want — there are no annual contracts or credit checks. All prepaid plans include unlimited domestic talk and text, unlimited text to Mexico and Canada, with the following choices for data:
- $60 per month for unlimited talk to Mexico and Canada and 5GB of data
- $45 per month for 2GB of data
- $30 per month for Wi-Fi only access for data
There's never been a better time to have your new prepaid smartphone on the better network. Verizon is giving customers on prepaid an extra GB of data each month with Auto Pay enrollment.*** And with Verizon's Always-On Data, you can stay connected at low speeds on your smartphone even after using all your high-speed data.****
* All battery life claims are approximate and based on a mixed use profile (which includes both usage and standby time) under optimal network conditions. Out-of-box settings are applied to the mixed use profile to project battery performance. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
**Not designed to be submersed in water, or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids; not waterproof.
***$45 or $60 monthly smartphone plan req'd. 1GB bonus data applied upon first Auto Pay payment. Bonus data applied per month as long as line stays active on eligible plan.
****Once your high-speed data allowance is used, Always-on Data allows you to continue using data at speeds limited to 128 kbps for the rest of the month. Your data experience, particularly streaming video or audio, may be affected unless you purchase additional add-on data.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of nearly 162,700 and generated nearly $132 billion in 2015 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 113.2 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premiere all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.
Verizon's Online News Center: News releases, feature stories, executive biographies and media contacts are available at Verizon's online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/verizon-introduces-the-newest-addition-to-the-motorola-line-up-the-moto-g-play-prepaid-smartphone-300328630.html