Verizon Wireless And Cox Communications Team Up To Deliver Superior Video Entertainment, Blazingly Fast Internet And 4G LTE Mobile Accessibility For Gulf Coast Residents: At Home And On The Go
NEW ORLEANS, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications today announced they are teaming up to give consumers greater value and a new option for outstanding video, phone, Internet and wireless services in South Louisiana and the Florida Panhandle. Qualified customers in these areas can now purchase Cox Communications video, Internet and home phone services and Verizon Wireless smartphones, tablets and Verizon Wireless services from either company.
New and current Cox Communications and Verizon Wireless customers who sign up for these services from both companies may be eligible to receive a Visa® prepaid debit card up to $100 depending on the services chosen. Customers can select their service preferences from a range of offers that include video, Internet, home phone and 4G LTE wireless services.
"This new relationship will continue to build upon Cox's strong brand reputation for video, Internet and home phone services and Verizon Wireless' national brand identity for its 4G LTE wireless services," said Jacqui Vines, senior vice president and general manager of Cox's new Southeast Region. "By working together, our two companies can bolster the value of our services and address our customers' desires for greater mobility and flexibility in the way they connect with others and use Cox products and services."
"Cox Communications has a solid reputation for entertainment and communications services and the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is the ideal complement to complete the package," said Krista Bourne, president - Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon Wireless "Customers are going to benefit from an entertainment and communications offering ideally suited for inside the home and on the go."
In 2012, Verizon Wireless and Cox Communications began selling each other's services. Existing markets which launched include certain cities in Arizona, California, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, Northwest Arkansas and the Oklahoma City and Tulsa vicinities.
Interested customers can visit any one of the following Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or Cox Solutions Stores:
- Verizon Wireless Communications Stores:
- Destin: 34737 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, F 32541
- Fort Walton Beach: 575 Beal Parkway NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
- Nine Mile: 1791 E Nine Mile Road, Pensacola, FL 32514
- Pensacola: 5600 N 9th Avenue, Pensacola, FL 32504
- Baton Rouge Town Center: 7415 Corporate Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- College Drive: 3131 College Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Denham Springs: 2367B S Range Avenue, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Elmwood: 1208 S Clearview Parkway, New Orleans, LA 70123
- Harvey: 1818 Manhattan Boulevard, Harvey, LA 70058
- Kenner: 2701 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner, LA 70062
- Lafayette: 3201 Louisiana Avenue, Lafayette, LA 70501
- Lafayette: 3621 Ambassador Caffery Parkway, Lafayette, LA 70503
- Metairie: 3544 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70002
- New Iberia: 1104-E East Main Street, New Iberia, LA 70560
- Siegen Lane: 7089 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Cox Solutions Stores:
- Baton Rouge: 7401 Florida Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Denham Springs: 609 Hatchell Lane, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Elysian Fields: 3131 Elysian Fields, New Orleans, LA 70122
- Lafayette: 1906 Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette, LA 70506
- Lapalco: 5029 Lapalco Boulevard, Marrero, LA 70072
- Metairie: 2121 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70001
- New Iberia: 1017 Progress Street, New Iberia, LA 70560
- Bayou: 4771 Bayou Boulevard. Suite 9, Pensacola, FL 32503
- Ft. Walton Beach: 320 Racetrack Road NW., Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32547
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 98.9 million retail customers, including 93.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and wireless services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves 6.2 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For seven years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; for five years, Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity, and the company holds a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless