AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML), a bio-analytical solutions company focused on gynecologic disease, today launched a new version of its website, www.vermillion.com, in conjunction with Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month during September.
The top enhancements include:
- Vermillion's new Ovarian Cancer Quiz, a tool designed to help women quantify symptoms, as they are one of the first indicators of a benign or malignant pelvic mass
- Web pages personalized for patients, healthcare providers and investors
- An evolving hub resource of educational material on pelvic masses and ovarian cancer risk
"We're excited about our new website experience and its potential benefits to all of our stakeholders," said Valerie Palmieri, President and CEO of Vermillion. "Our primary goals with this enhanced website are leading with education and increasing awareness, and we are proud to launch our new website during Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. We feel that we have a duty to educate, not just the providers about our OVA1® diagnostic test, but also the well women who search for information on pelvic mass disease, a disease that impacts 20 million patients in the US alone. The key to the disease is understanding the symptoms to allow early detection. We're proud to spend September increasing awareness and educational opportunities among patients and their providers. We view our new website as the first step in an active, personalized education process that we are planning in order to drive awareness for women worldwide."
About Vermillion Vermillion, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel high-value diagnostic and bio-analytical solutions that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve gynecologic health outcomes for women. Vermillion, along with its prestigious scientific collaborators, has diagnostic programs in gynecologic disease. The company's lead diagnostic, OVA1, is a blood test for pre-surgical assessment of ovarian tumors for malignancy, using an innovative algorithmic approach. As the first FDA-cleared, protein-based In Vitro Diagnostic Multivariate Index Assay, OVA1 represents a new class of software-based diagnostics. For additional information, including published clinical trials, visit www.vermillion.com.
- OVA1 is a proprietary FDA-cleared blood test to help physicians assess the risk of ovarian cancer prior to surgery and trigger the involvement of a specialist (gynecologic oncologist) for higher risk patients
- The OvaCalc® proprietary algorithm combines five biomarker results into a single numerical "risk score" that stratifies patients into "higher risk" and "lower risk" when combined with clinical assessment
- In two pivotal clinical trials, OVA1 plus clinical impression detected 96% of all malignancies vs. 75% for clinical impression alone. It subsequently reduced the number of malignancies missed from 25% to 4%, a reduction of 83%
- For early-stage cancers specifically, 31% were missed by clinical impression alone. This was reduced to 5% when OVA1 was added to clinical impression, a reduction of 85%
- Vermillion is currently developing a next-generation test, OVA2, which has an expected release in the second half of 2015, subject to FDA clearance
Investor Relations Contact: Michael Wood LifeSci Advisors LLC Tel 1-646-597-6983 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Vermillion, Inc.