AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Vermillion, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRML), a bio-analytical solutions company focused on gynecologic disease, today announced that it will present at the 7th Annual Life Science CEO Forum on January 25-26 in Atlanta GA at the Westin Buckhead Hotel. Valerie Palmieri, President and Chief Executive Officer of Vermillion, will present on "The Plight of Ovarian Cancer, a Pelvic Mass Care Pathway Solution and Getting Paid," highlighting the use of Vermillion's OVA1® diagnostic test, at 5:00 PM EST on January 25th. Ms. Palmieri will be joined in the conference by speakers representing such diverse companies as Genzyme, J&J, Pfizer and Sun Pharma.
About Vermillion Vermillion, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel high-value diagnostic and bio-analytical solutions that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve gynecologic health outcomes for women. Vermillion, along with its prestigious scientific collaborators, has diagnostic programs in gynecologic disease. The company's lead diagnostic in the United States, OVA1, is a blood test for pre-surgical assessment of ovarian tumors for malignancy, using an innovative algorithmic approach and is available through Vermillion's wholly owned subsidiary, ASPiRA LABS. OVA1, which was the first FDA-cleared, protein-based In Vitro Diagnostic Multivariate Index Liquid Biopsy Assay, represents a new class of software-based diagnostics. For additional information, including published clinical trials, visit www.vermillion.com.
- OVA1 is a proprietary FDA-cleared blood test to help physicians assess the risk of ovarian cancer prior to surgery and as a result provide early detection and triage of high risk patients to a specialist (gynecologic oncologist) for surgical treatment
- The OvaCalc® proprietary algorithm combines five biomarker results into a single numerical "risk score" that stratifies patients into "higher risk" and "lower risk" when combined with clinical assessment
- In two pivotal clinical trials, OVA1 plus clinical impression detected 96% of all malignancies vs. 75% for clinical impression alone. It subsequently reduced false negatives from 25% to 4%, a reduction of 83%
- For early-stage cancers specifically, on average 31% are missed by clinical impression alone. This was reduced to 5% when OVA1 was added to clinical impression, a reduction of 85%
- Vermillion has developed a next-generation test, Overa, which is CE marked and is pending FDA clearance
About the Annual Life Sciences CEO Forum The 7th Annual Life Science Chief Executive Officer Forum will provide executives with a platform for education, discussion and debate surrounding the progression of the life science industry, as well as strategies for maintaining a competitive advantage. Keynote presentations will track the evolution of the industry over the past decade as well as provide projections and insights into future growth and development across a wide range of therapeutic areas, providing participants with strategic information needed as portfolios continue to advance and evolve. Additional presentations will focus on topics including healthcare policy and regulatory reforms, economic models impacting the industry, as well as sessions on recent M&A and opportunities in unique and beneficial partnership structures. For more information, go to http://www.q1productions.com/conferencepost/ceoforum/.
Investor Relations Contact: Michael Wood LifeSci Advisors LLC Tel 1-646-597-6983 email@example.com
SOURCE Vermillion, Inc.