BEAVERTON, Ore., June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To support science and STEM teachers in delivering quality instruction to their students at the start of, and throughout, the school year, Vernier Software & Technology is offering an abundance of free professional learning resources, support tools, grant opportunities and more. This comprehensive collection of offerings provides teachers with the skills and resources needed to effectively use data-collection technology in their classrooms.
"Helping both educators and students succeed in today's science classrooms is our top priority," said John Wheeler, CEO of Vernier Software & Technology. "To support this, we are committed to providing stellar service, teacher-based tech support, and useful professional development year round to meet the needs of our customers."
Free resources from Vernier include:
- Award and grant opportunities: Among others, these include the annual Vernier/NSTA Technology Awards and Vernier Engineering Contest, both of which award teachers with cash and technology prizes.
- Community Forum: Customers can access the forum to exchange advice, trade used equipment, look at DIY projects and discuss lab ideas with other educators.
- Hands-on workshops: These free educator-led seminars provide teachers with innovative ways to integrate probeware into their curricula.
- Sample experiments: The student version of these classroom-ready investigations can be downloaded directly from the Vernier website. More than 1,000 sample experiments are available.
- Tech Tips Videos: This collection of more than 180 videos provides helpful tutorials on using various Vernier data-collection technologies.
- Technical Information Library (TIL): An extensive collection of technical information, troubleshooting advice, frequently asked questions and more than 1,000 searchable technology tips are available 24/7. The Vernier TIL was honored with a Stellar Service Award from Tech & Learning magazine.
- Warranty and repair program: In addition to an ample five-year warranty, Vernier will attempt to repair most products, many times at no charge.
- Webinars: These personalized, customized webinars provide an effective way for educators and their science departments to learn more about using Vernier technology.
In addition to these resources, Vernier provides award-winning customer service. When educators call the company with questions or for technical support they speak with a former science teacher, a product engineer, or a curriculum developer who is well-versed in the technology. The company also monitors its social media channels to quickly respond to customers when they have questions.
To learn more about Vernier and their free resources for teachers, visit www.vernier.com.
About Vernier Software & Technology
Vernier Software & Technology has led the innovation of scientific data-collection technology for 35 years. Vernier was founded by a former physics teacher and hires educators at all levels of the organization. The company is committed to teachers and to developing creative ways to teach and learn science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) using hands-on science. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors and graphing/analysis software. With worldwide distribution to over 130 countries, Vernier data loggers are used by educators and students from elementary school to university. Vernier technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, build students' critical thinking skills, and support the science and engineering practices detailed in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The Vernier business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace. For more information, visit http://www.vernier.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vernier-helps-science-and-stem-teachers-prepare-for-back-to-school-with-a-collection-of-free-resources-300290494.html
SOURCE Vernier Software & Technology