VerticalResponse Ends 2012 With Continued Profitability
Company celebrates 12 years of helping small businesses grow
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VerticalResponse, a leading provider of self-service marketing tools for small businesses and non-profits including email marketing software, social media marketing and online event marketing, ended 2012 on a high note with a 24 percent compounded annual growth rate since 2008 and more than 8.4 billion emails sent by customers during the year.
The company this year celebrates its 12th year of providing award-winning, affordable online marketing tools for small businesses around the globe. Founded in San Francisco in 2001 by online marketer and CEO Janine Popick , VerticalResponse still maintains its headquarters, including all administration, product, engineering, marketing, sales and customer support departments, in San Francisco.
A summary of the company's key business, customer acquisition and employee accomplishments is presented in a VerticalResponse 2012 growth infographic.
Despite an economy that's still on timid ground, VerticalResponse continues to grow and achieve profitability:
- 24 percent compounded annual growth rate since 2008
- 2012 Inc. 500|5000 fastest-growing company (seventh year in a row)
- 2012 Deloitte Fast 500 fastest-growing technology company (sixth year in a row)
- 67 percent increase in office square footage in San Francisco since 2011
In 2012, VerticalResponse customers were incredibly active, both in terms of using VerticalResponse tools and increasing their activity on social media:
- More than 8.4 billion emails sent
- More than 1.5 million email campaigns sent
- 29 percent used the company's share-email-to-social-media function
- 108 percent growth in Facebook likes
- 7.3 percent growth in Twitter followers
- Top domestic market: San Francisco (34 percent of domestic customers, self-reported)
- Top international market: London (40 percent of international customers, self-reported)
Powering the company's growth are its 109 full-time employees, as well as a distinctive culture that made VerticalResponse one of the 2012 best places to work in the Bay Area. In 2012, the company and its employees:
- Donated 226 community service hours and more than $28,000 to charity and good deeds
- Offset 100 percent of its energy use through renewable energy credit purchases
- Consumed 780 pounds of coffee
- Played 1,365 table tennis matches
"Twelve successful years in business is no easy task, and I owe it all to our wonderful customers and employees," said Popick. "What gets me going every single day is knowing that our products are making a real difference for small businesses all over the world, and getting to work with incredibly smart and creative people who share that same passion. 2012 was an amazing year for VerticalResponse, but what's even more exciting is what we have in store for everyone in 2013."
For more VerticalResponse statistics and 2012 accomplishments, visit: www.verticalresponse.com/about/press/verticalresponse-ends-2012-with-continued-profitability.
VerticalResponse Inc. provides a full suite of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, online surveys and direct mail marketing. Its mission is to empower small businesses and non-profit organizations to easily and affordably create, manage and analyze their own marketing campaigns. Users can benefit from a wide variety of features via a single dashboard, including more than 700 free email marketing templates; social media management tools to create, schedule and publish content, and engage with followers; and robust reporting so that they can understand overall marketing success. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information visit www.verticalresponse.com, and connect on Twitter at @VR4SmallBiz and Facebook at www.facebook.com/verticalresponse.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Connie Sung Moyle
More by this Source
VerticalResponse Integrates with SyncApps® by Cazoomi
Apr 16, 2013, 15:30 ET
Free VerticalResponse Pro Webinar Series Connects Small Businesses with Marketing Experts
Mar 19, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.