VH1 Gets The Pahty Stahted In Boston With "Wicked Single" On St. Patrick's Day
New Series Focuses On Young Adults Striving To Remain "Young At Heart" As "The Big 3-0" Looms Large
Premieres On VH1 Sunday, March 17th, 2013 At 11:00 PM ET/ PT
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Work hahd, play hahd: that's the motto that six adultsters featured in VH1's new Boston-set reality series "Wicked Single," premiering Sunday, March 17th, 2013 at 11:00 PM ET/ PT, live – and party – by. But although they never miss an opportunity to hit the club, these young Bostonians sometimes wonder if the trappings of adulthood may be passing them by as they revel in "Monday Fundays" and "Tuesday Boozedays." Ultimately, this group of friends is looking for the answer to one question – how can they grow up – without growing old?
Meet the cast of VH1's "Wicked Single" – they're loud, they're real, and they have awesome accents:
- Rachel, 28, has boundless energy and an outrageous personality. Rachel decorates her apartment with wedding invitations and is semi-desperate to send out her own one day, to match her sisters that are already hitched.
- Nikki, 30 (or is it 28?), is Rachel's best pal, and is also hopeful for a man. While Boston born and bred, she hides the fact that she has fantasies about Derek Jeter. Aside from a man, Nikki also wants a job and some stability.
- Chubs, 30, is the life of the party, but often self-sabotages himself with his immature antics when it comes to meeting women.
- Chelsi, 24, is known as 'the maniac' – the one who gets everyone in trouble. Chelsi is the only woman in town who can party at Chubs' speed. But despite their similarities, the two have yet to hook up.
- Chrissy, 27, the pretty "Southie girl" with a tough streak is often the peacekeeper of the group. She pays the bills by holding down 3 different jobs – working at a prison, hairdressing, and being a promo girl. Chrissy loves to date around but isn't super concerned with finding anything too serious.
- Joe, 30, is Chubs' roommate, best pal, and cruising buddy. Joe is bummed to have turned 30 – and though he gets a lot of action, he can't seem to settle on "Mrs. Right."
"Wicked Single" is executive produced by Banks Tarver, Ken Druckerman, Nina L. Diaz, and Lisa Marie Tobin for Left/Right, Inc. Executive Producers for VH1 are Shelly Tatro, Kari McFarland, Rick Hankey, Warren Cohen, and Jeff Olde, with Sean Gottlieb as Supervising Producer.
VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, and extensive video on VH1.com. VH1 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to www.vh1press.com.
Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA. Paramount Pictures, celebrating its 100th year in 2012 and creator of many of the most beloved motion pictures, continues today as a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. Viacom operates a large portfolio of branded digital media experiences, including many of the world's most popular properties for entertainment, community and casual online gaming.