Viacom's Hi-Def Music Network Palladia Announces Two New Music Series Acquisitions "Live From The Artists Den" And "The Live Room"
Award-Winning "Live From Daryl's House" to Return to Palladia with Six New Episodes in 2014
Palladia to Run Thanksgiving Concert Movie Blitz with "The Grateful Dead Movie," "Aerosmith: Rock For the Rising Sun" "The Who: Live at Kilburn" and Rush's "Clockwork Angels Tour"
NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Palladia, Viacom Media Networks' elite high-definition music channel, today announced a slew of new programs to its lineup including music performance series "Live From The Artists Den" and "The Live Room," concert films including "Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival," and new episodes of returning Palladia original, "Live From Daryl's House."
"Palladia is relentlessly adding great new specials and series to our 24/7 music lineup, and this round of programs confirms the network's status as the leading destination for great music performance," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Programming Strategy, VH1, VH1 Classic & Palladia. "Introducing new original episodes of Live From Daryl's House on the heels of amazing concerts from artists as wonderful and wide-ranging as Eric Clapton, Adele, Aerosmith, and Blake Shelton shows why Palladia is so beloved by music fans and artists."
"Live from the Artists Den"
Palladia will air 10 episodes of the highly lauded and intimate series that features artists performing in non-traditional settings like The New York Public Library, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Graceland among others. Artists featured in Palladia's run of "Live from the Artists Den" include Adele, Mumford & Sons, Ed Sheeran, The National, The Fray, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Kid Rock and Robert Plant. "Live from the Artists Den" will premiere on Palladia in 2014.
"The Live Room"
"The Live Room" features performances from top artists in some of the most iconic recording studios through the country. Each half hour episode features one artist performing songs from their catalogue, along with interviews about their content. Palladia will air "The Live Room" featuring The Goo Goo Dolls, Ed Sheeran, Blake Shelton, T.I., Gary Clark, Jr., Sheryl Crow, Shinedown, B.o.B., Regina Spector and Dwight Yoakam. "The Live Room" is set to premiere on Palladia on Wednesday, December 11 at 9PM.
"Live From Daryl's House"
Daryl Hall's critically acclaimed, award-winning music performance series is returning to Palladia. The past six years have marked a steady stream of superlatives and recognition for "Live From Daryl's House," with Hall receiving a Webby Award for Best Variety series from more than 10,000 entries at the 14th annual ceremony before garnering an O Music Award from MTV. Since 2007, Hall and his manager, Jonathan Wolfson, have produced and premiered episodes of "Live From Daryl's House" for his own website (www.lfdh.com). This season "Live From Daryl's House" will premiere on Palladia, and in the VH1 App, in 2014 with new episodes featuring ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, Gavin DeGraw, Amos Lee and Johnnyswim among others.
- Palladia's Thanksgiving Concert Blitz: Over Thanksgiving weekend, Palladia will premiere four classic concert films:
- "The Grateful Dead Movie" captures the Grateful Dead at the pinnacle of their psychedelic worldwide fame while documenting the Dead Head experience. The film was shot during the band's legendary concerts at Winterland Arena in San Francisco in October 1974 and was directed by their iconic guitarist Jerry Garcia. "The Grateful Dead Movie" will premiere on Thursday, November 28th at 9 PM ET on Palladia.
- "Aerosmith: Rock For the Rising Sun" Following the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, Aerosmith brought their "Back on The Road" tour to Japan performing at seven different venues across the country. "Aerosmith: Rock For the Rising Sun" will premiere on Friday, November 29th at 9 PM ET on Palladia.
- "The Who: Live From Kilburn" The Who's last recorded concert with Keith Moon will premiere Saturday, November 30th at 9 PM ET on Palladia.
- Rush's "Clockwork Angels Tour" In 40 years Rush has performed only as a trio, until now with the 2012-2013 tour where the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees were accompanied on stage with an eight-piece string section performing their timeless hits including "Tom Sawyer" and "2112". Rush's "Clockwork Angels Tour" will premiere on Sunday December 1st at 9 PM ET on Palladia.
- "Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival New Year's Marathon" Palladia will present a New Year's Eve/New Year's Day event debuting the extended versions of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festivals from 2004, 2007 and 2010. The event will start at 2:30 P.M. ET Tuesday December 31st and will run through January 1st. Clapton's festival always features a who's-who of the best guitarists, and has included such luminaries as Jeff Beck, Sheryl Crow, BB King, John Mayer, James Taylor, Steve Winwood, ZZ Top and many others. The festival benefits the Crossroads Centre, a drug treatment center in Antigua founded by Clapton.
- "Life is Good Festival" Palladia will premiere a 90-minute special from the September 2013 "Life is Good Festival" in 1Q2014. Acts at the festival included Hall & Oates, Jack Johnson, Amos Lee and Delta Rae.
Palladia, Viacom Media Networks' high-definition music channel, launched in January 2006 and features original music-based programming for a variety of music genres, including hip hop, rock, country, pop, contemporary, classic rock, alternative rock, soul and more, as well as HDTV acquisitions and original content from Viacom Music Group's MTV, VH1, and CMT family of services. The channel has grown to 32 million households and is available on major U.S. carriers including Comcast, Cox, Verizon FiOS, Time Warner, Dish, DIRECTV, Charter, AT&T u-Verse, Cablevision and Insight.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.