SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Networking, today announced that ViaWest, one of the largest privately-held data center, cloud computing and managed services providers in North America, has standardized on A10's AX Series hardware and SoftAX virtual appliances. The AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) platforms deliver ViaWest solutions for advanced Layer 4-7 server load balancing and virtualization. ViaWest operates 24 enterprise-class data center facilities, located in Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Utah, and Nevada. ViaWest's data centers deliver high-quality, flexible solutions designed to solve customers' unique business needs.
ViaWest's growing business faces increasing computing demands as its customers move more IT resources to its cloud services for operational efficiency, increased internal IT agility and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO). To fulfill this need, ViaWest required a new Application Delivery platform with additional performance, advanced features, and a smaller data center footprint. ViaWest selected A10's AX 1030s for its managed services and A10's SoftAX for its colocation services, as part of A10's overall aCloud ecosystem for Cloud Service Providers, which delivers a "pay as you go/grow" infrastructure.
"ViaWest is a leader in the managed service market, and we have standardized on a combination of A10's AX Series hardware and SoftAX virtual appliances for our cloud offerings," said Jason Carolan, CTO of ViaWest. "We chose A10 for many reasons including tight SoftAX integration with VMware vCloud Director, flexibility of hardware and software platforms and the advanced feature set. All of these advantages directly translate to value we can offer to our customers."
Key aCloud Solutions for ViaWest include:
- 50% Data Center Cost Reduction with AX Series Hardware: With the compact 1 rack-unit (1 RU) AX 1030s, ViaWest is able to consolidate rack space versus its previous load balancers at a 2:1 ratio, delivering data center efficiency through substantial power and space savings. The AX 1030s enable 7.5 gigabits per second (Gbps) of total throughput, which gives ViaWest the performance it requires for its expanding customer base and applications, with headroom for growth.
- Multi-tenancy to Enable New Services: Differentiated services and additional savings are achieved with the AX Series' Layer 2/3 virtualization within Application Delivery Partitions (ADPs), which delivers a space saving multi-tenant solution. ADP role-based management delivers ViaWest's customers access to configure and monitor the AX Series within individual partitions, without sacrificing performance, scalability or availability.
- Flexibility Empowering Customer Satisfaction: The SoftAX runs on commodity hardware atop a hypervisor for rapid deployment in 10 minutes or less, ensuring responsiveness to customer needs. ViaWest has up to 8 Gbps throughput on each SoftAX virtual instance. SoftAX is VMware VMready certified to ensure seamless deployments with ViaWest's virtualization solutions.
- Cloud Burst Support: The AX Series aXAPI feature is a RESTful API that drastically simplifies automation for deployment and allows for auto-scaling based on current load demands. This allows "cloud bursting" quickly and cost effectively during peak demand, for example with heavy traffic during the holiday online shopping season, and reduces operational costs as staff are freed up to handle other tasks.
- Predictable Monetization of Additional Services: All-inclusive features make service monetization much more profitable and predictable versus the competition, giving ViaWest a cost advantage over competitors for additional savings to customers. A10's no-hardware-licensing model also streamlines operations, as spare units can be brought up quickly without license concerns or related errors.
"We are proud to deliver ViaWest the cloud solutions required to enable its managed and colocation services without compromising on features, performance or functionality," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "With our aCloud ecosystem, we offer Cloud Providers such as ViaWest a wide breadth of easy-to-use advanced solutions in optimal form factors to deliver a competitive advantage with differentiated Application Networking services."
About AX Series
A10's AX Series is a scalable, high-performance Application Networking platform that delivers enterprises, Web properties and ISPs superior reliability and an energy efficient footprint for lower total cost of ownership (TCO). With the AX Series, customers of all sizes benefit from application availability, scalability and performance, and increased infrastructure efficiency for a faster end-user experience. The AX Series has a comprehensive Layer 4-7 feature set and flexible virtualization technologies such as aVCS, multi-tenancy and more for public, private and hybrid cloud environments. In addition, the AX Series leads in IPv6 Migration technologies with many large scale deployments worldwide. All AX Series features are available without extra licensing fees.
AX Series delivers industry-leading return on investment (ROI) by leveraging A10's 64-bit Advanced Core OS (ACOS), with a scalable shared-memory parallelism architecture that leaps the competition in scalability and flexibility.
To read more about AX Series solutions visit: http://www.a10networks.com/products/axseries.php
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore. For more information, visit: http://www.a10networks.com
aCloud, ACOS, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are registered trademarks of A10 Networks.
SOURCE A10 Networks