Victims' Families Ask to Meet with GM CEO Barra
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, March 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This morning, the families of victims injured or killed in accidents caused by General Motors vehicles with faulty ignition switches sent a letter to GM CEO Mary Barra through their attorney Bob Hilliard, partner at Texas law firm Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP. The letter requests that Ms. Barra meet with them personally this week while they are in Washington DC to attend the Congressional hearings about GM's failure to recall the defective vehicles, despite knowing of the dangerous problem for more than ten years.
THE LETTER TO BARRA
Drafted on behalf of the victims' families he is representing, Bob Hilliard's letter is a direct, emotional appeal to Ms. Barra's sense of justice and humanity. The letter invites Barra to:
- "…look into the sad…eyes of those who must now live with losses that are immeasurable. Please talk with them. Listen to them."
- "…honor their grief by learning about the children they lost…hear their favorite stories, understand through their eyes how unique these young kids were, feel how much they were loved and how much they are missed and mourned."
- "…do what's right. These are nice folks, who…need to hear from you, listen to your voice to know you are truly sorry and that you share in their grief…"
The letter further states that:
- "…GM's betrayal can only be understood through the … true human cost to its customers…"
- "GM's humanity, if it is to survive, requires this meeting."
VICTIMS' FAMILIES TRAVEL TO DC FOR HEARING
Bob Hilliard will accompany parents and siblings of the GM car crash victims to the nation's capital this week. There the group will attend the Congressional hearing, meet with their Congressional representatives, and hope to sit down with Mary Barra for the face-to-face meeting their advocate has respectfully requested. Hilliard states, "These grieving families have honored me with their trust. While in Washington with them, I will do everything in my power to bring some closure to the nightmare they are living."
Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP (HMG) specializes in mass torts, personal injury, product liability, commercial and business litigation, and wrongful death. The firm has won approximately $100,000,000 in settlements and verdicts for its clients. Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP has been successfully representing clients in the United States and Mexico since 1986.
HMG is actively seeking to represent other victims of GM's defective vehicles.
SOURCE Hilliard Munoz Gonzales LLP