Vid.ly Now Integrated With Encoding.com - Offers Future-Proof Video Transcoding
Seamless Video Workflow - from Ingest to Display - for Thousands of Devices
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Encoding.com, the world's largest video encoding service, announced it has integrated its Vid.ly universal video platform into Encoding.com's intelligent video encoding workflow, further simplifying the process for enabling video playback on all devices and browsers. In addition, Encoding.com announced its Future-Proof Video program that offers automatic preparation of Vid.ly videos for new formats/devices as they enter the market. The integration of Encoding.com and Vid.ly, into one platform, delivers a powerful set of features for powering universal video – now and in the future.
Vid.ly is evoked in the Encoding.com platform via a simple preset within the Web, Watch Folder, and API interfaces. Selecting this preset adds the "magic" of Vid.ly -- the source video is automatically transcoded into 24 different video formats; the customer shares the short URL and / or publishes the embed code for their Vid.ly-hosted video; when an end user clicks on the video, Vid.ly uses powerful browser/device detection to deliver the appropriate video format for the best quality viewing for the specific feature phone, tablet, smartphone, or browser.
- Advanced mobile video strategy made easy – Vid.ly delivers high-quality video in 24 formats and uses powerful device detection to deliver the correct video to 6000+ devices.
- HTML5 video strategy simplified – Vid.ly automatically transcodes video into all the HTML5 formats (Safari/H.264, Chrome/WebM, Firefox/Ogg, IE/H.264); then detects the browser and delivers the correct video format.
- QR code response optimized – Embed videos into QR codes for a powerful direct response tool. Use the UpdateMedia feature to re-publish videos to existing QR codes.
- Apple iOS advanced HLS streaming – Vid.ly prepares video for both iPad and iPhone adaptive bitrate stream to dynamically serve the bitrate most appropriate to the bandwidth of the requesting device.
- Future-Proofed video libraries – As new devices and new formats enter the market, Vid.ly videos are automatically prepared to respond to calls from the new devices.
"Customer response to the Vid.ly universal video URL has been overwhelmingly positive," said Jeff Malkin, president of Encoding.com. "Our Encoding.com customers asked for Vid.ly capability within the Encoding.com API and we've delivered. The addition of the Vid.ly preset to the Encoding.com workflow makes it super simple for customers to focus on content and leave the challenges of universal delivery – now and in the future – to the Encoding.com team."
Encoding.com, the world's largest video encoding service and provider of Vid.ly, the universal video platform, powers over 3,000 companies, including leading brands across media and entertainment, retail, lifestyle, and advertising. Blending a SaaS model using cloud-computing platforms, Encoding.com enables publishers and developers to instantly scale. Encoding.com supports all popular web and mobile formats, utilizing Encoding Intelligence™ to accelerate processing, reduce errors and optimize video for any device. Please see http://blog.encoding.com or follow @encodingdotcom on Twitter.
More by this Source
Encoding.com reaches 50 million encoding milestone
Oct 03, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.