STAMFORD, Conn., Nov. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- vineyard vines®, the Connecticut-based retail brand best known for its whimsical neckties and Martha's Vineyard inspired style, today announced it has partnered with mobile technology platform PredictSpring to build a fast and visually appealing mobile app just in time for holiday shopping. The new mobile commerce experience will offer consumers a Holiday Gift Guide, shoppable Instagram feed, and 3D touch, among other unique features that today's consumers have come to demand.
"As mobile commerce accelerates this holiday season, we are thrilled to launch our mobile app that provides our customers with an engaging and effortless shopping experience," said Shep Murray, vineyard vines CEO & co-founder. "PredictSpring has been a valuable partner in helping us create a native app that caters to our mobile savvy shopper, while also enabling 'Buy Buttons' on social media content with Shop the Look feature," said Ian Murray, vineyard vines CEO & co-founder.
Notable features of vineyard vines' app, powered by PredictSpring's Mobile Platform, include:
- 3D Touch — Provides consumers with multiple functions depending on whether they tap, press or deep press the app icon (ie. brings users in-app content, a quick search menu, shop the look, store locator, etc.).
- Shoppable Instagram Feed — Customers can easily browse and shop vineyard vines' Instagram Feed within its app, giving consumers not only the inspiration, but also the "Buy Button," to make social media instantly shoppable.
- Holiday Gift Guide — The app helps customers shop for the holidays, providing top gift ideas for men and women.
- Geofence Notifications — To maintain its close connection to vineyard vines customers, the app sends notifications of in-store promotions and alerts customers of nearby vineyard vines locations.
- Touch ID Based Login — Integrated with Touch ID, customers can now login using Touch ID, no longer needing to type in passwords every time they use the app, simplifying the checkout process.
- App Indexing — Allows brands to search content within the app on their mobile devices, similar to web searches.
- Visual appeal and ease of use — The beautifully designed app has exceptional user interface and is 10x faster than a typical responsive site – keeping customers engaged and reducing drop-off rates.
"As consumers use mobile phones to conduct most aspects of their lives and expect mobile commerce to be the same fast experience, we are building innovative mobile apps that are quick and easy to navigate from product discovery to checkout," said Nitin Mangtani, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of PredictSpring. "By combining ease of use, visual appeal, social media content, we're helping companies offer a modern mobile experience that keeps customers engaged longer, reduces drop-off rates and increases mobile transactions."
About vineyard vines
vineyard vines®, a company best known for its whimsical neckties and smiling pink whale logo, was founded in 1998 on Martha's Vineyard when brothers Shep and Ian Murray cut their ties with corporate America to start making ties that represented the Good Life. In addition to signature neckwear, vineyard vines offers a variety of clothing and accessories for men, women and children. Products are sold in over 600 specialty and department stores worldwide, through a seasonal catalog at 1.800.892.4982, online at vineyardvines.com and at over sixty freestanding stores.
PredictSpring is revolutionizing mobile commerce with an innovative technology platform that dramatically improves and simplifies the way consumers shop on mobile phones. Led by the visionary behind Google Shopping and other early mobile commerce pioneers, PredictSpring helps retailers and brands drive mobile commerce and easily enable "Buy" experiences on brand and social media apps. For more information, please visit www.predictspring.com.
SOURCE vineyard vines