NICE, France, Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- DIA 11th Conference on European Electronic Document Management -- Virtify, Inc. today announced the upcoming release of its new structured content management software product, Virtify for Submissions™, a collaborative, component-based platform for regulatory submission document creation and management.
The process of creating and managing highly complex regulatory submission documents is difficult. Current document creation technologies are oriented towards a single user and single document, forcing inefficient serial workflow that lengthens the time to create a document. In addition, global organizations find it difficult to provide an efficient means for geographically-distributed authors and reviewers to collaborate on documents.
Most importantly, a high degree of content commonality across submission documents (as much as 65%), leads to the proliferation of unmanaged, duplicated content causing inconsistencies. This may result in regulatory non-compliance and also results in significant lost time to re-invent content that could have been re-used or re-purposed from a source document.
Virtify for Submissions™ is a collaborative, component-based structured content management system. It increases document creation efficiency through parallel authoring and review and by providing a web-based platform that enables collaboration between local and geographically-distributed content authors and reviewers. Its component-based approach allows content to be re-used across documents further driving efficiencies and improving document quality and compliance by ensuring all parties are using correct and pre-approved content.
Key features of Virtify for Submissions™ include:
- Parallel Authoring & Review that accelerates document creation by enabling multiple authors and reviewers to work on the same document at the same time.
- Content Re-Use capability that increases authoring efficiency and improves document accuracy, quality, and regulatory compliance through the re-use of approved content components. Automatic notifications are generated when re-used content is updated to ensure all affected documents are reviewed and updated, as necessary.
- Configurable document life cycle management allows for customer specific workflows to be defined that specify all aspects of a document's life cycle. Including the sequence of activities, the actions that can be performed in each activity and the roles that can perform them, as well as versioning.
- Content Metadata is used to describe, catalog, retrieve, and secure content. Configurable metadata allows each customer to determine the metadata fields to be captured as well as the collection of metadata fields that is to be applied to each class of content.
- 100% Web-based software enables authoring and review of documents using a standard web browser without the need to license or install any additional software.
- Intuitive user friendly authoring interface provides the ability to move to component-based authoring with minimal training. A standard word processing environment, and document-centric approach to component-based authoring, allows authors and reviewers to continue to work in the way they are accustomed with tools they are comfortable using.
Virtify is exhibiting at the DIA 11th Conference on European Electronic Document Management, December 1-3 in Nice, France.
Virtify is the market leader in structured content management software solutions for life sciences. Organizations rely on Virtify solutions to reduce costs, mitigate risk, and accelerate time-to-market by managing and automating the complex content creation and management challenges that exist throughout the product life cycle. Virtify's easy-to-use software suite is the industry's only solution to provide a secure, collaborative Web-based environment for managing regulated content throughout the entire product continuum – from pre-clinical through product registration to commercialization. Virtify's product suite includes software products for global labeling, clinical trial disclosure, and global submissions management. The company plays a leadership role in the development of global regulatory standards and is an active participant in a variety of standards committees. Virtify's software products combined with comprehensive professional services and deep domain expertise enhance quality and compliance for some of the world's leading life sciences companies.
Located on the Web at www.virtify.com
SOURCE Virtify, Inc.