Visage MobilityCentral Data Analysis Reveals the Dirty Little Secrets of Corporate Mobility Spending
Uncovers Trends of "Bad Spending" from Mobility Data of Thousands of Enterprise Mobile Users
SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bruno Mars "The Lazy Song" is the number one ringtone that employees are downloading on the company dime. That bit of irony is just one of the amusing and sometimes alarming findings uncovered in a recent study of the "Dirty Little Secrets" of corporate mobility spending by Visage, the leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM) that enables businesses to take control of their mobile budget and inventory.
Visage, obtained the "Dirty Little Secrets" data from Visage's enterprise mobility management service MobilityCentral. MobilityCentral aggregates carrier billing statements, HR directories, wireless device inventory, and mobile device management data to produce unique and insightful data. The data sample came from just over 450 companies using over 550,000 devices across 21 different industries. The companies ranged in size from 35 to nearly 35,000 employees, with an average of 700 wireless users per company. The Visage research included normalized carrier data from all four major U.S. wireless carriers.
Here's more "Dirty Little Secrets" that only Visage's MobilityCentral could uncover:
- The average company spends $851,880 per year on their wireless bills
- The average individual wireless employee costs a company $1,234.68 per year in wireless costs
- Of that total, $107,352 is spent needlessly due to mis- or under-allocated text, data, and voice plans, un-provisioned international roaming, unauthorized downloads, and more
This needless spend, which Visage refers to as "bad spend" is very common across businesses and results from the lack of resources with which to manage mobility, a lack of institutionalized wireless policies, and the inherent difficulty of interpreting enterprise-level carrier bills. Visage has collected and averaged the so-called "bad spend" that exists in the enterprise and found these averages:
- Average annual cost for going over allotted voice plans: $9,444
- Average annual cost for going over allotted data plans: $8,724
- Average annual cost for going over allotted text-message plans: $14,568
- Average annual long-distance calling charges: $13,056
- Average annual cost of 411/Directory Assistance: $3,708
- Downloads cost an average $6,504 annually and of these downloads
- 25% are navigation services
- 10% are text alerts with a monthly recurring cost (mostly horoscopes and fact-services)
- A shocking 10% are 'adult oriented' services - sexy SMS services, geo-locating dating services, and others we'd rather not go into detail about
Finally, corporate America loves their music, but what are the most downloaded ringtones by mobile users? We're surprised to report these are the top five most downloaded ringtones in the enterprise:
- The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
- Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
- God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
- Bow Chick Wow Wow by Mike Posner
- Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean
Visage is exhibiting at CTIA Wireless held May 8-10 in New Orleans, stop by the booth #4374, in the Emerging Technology Zone to hear more dirty little mobility secrets.
For company information visit Visage or call 415-200-2888
Information about products: MobilityCentral and Daily Insight
Learn about the Visage Data Guarantee
Read the Visage company blog
See the latest on the Visage YouTube page
Like Visage on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VisageMobile
Follow Visage on Twitter @VisageMobile
Watch the Twitter Hashtag #MobilitySecrets
About Visage MobilityCentral
MobilityCentral gives enterprises the power to control mobility programs by integrating, in one centralized view, the four critical aspects of enterprise mobility: users, spend, inventory, and policy. MobilityCentral's Daily Insight allows even deeper mobility program management by pro-actively controlling things like cost overruns, device misuse, international usage, as well as the ability to dynamically update your device inventory. MobilityCentral has helped hundreds of companies, from a wide range of industries, to reduce costs with robust analytics, simplify and automate reporting through the powerful reporting engine, manage users, their devices and plans at a glance all with the speed and scalability enabled by the cloud-based architecture.
Visage (www.visagemobile.com), based in San Francisco, is a leading provider of enterprise mobility management solutions. The MobilityCentral Enterprise Mobility Management Suite provides policy management, spend control, inventory tracking, end-user allocations, configurable reporting and more. MobilityCentral helps businesses simplify mobility management while lowering costs and increasing IT productivity. Visage's leadership team has more than 30 combined years of experience in the mobile space.
SOURCE Visage Mobile
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.