NEW YORK, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Visible Light Communication (VLC) - A Potential Solution to the Global Wireless Spectrum Shortage
GBI Research's new report, "Visible Light Communication (VLC) - A Potential Solution to the Global Wireless Spectrum Shortage", provides the key information and analysis on Visible Light Communication technology and market. Visible Light Communication or VLC is a method by which Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) are used to transmit data using visible light as a transmitting medium. With the increasing usage of data over mobile phones and other wireless devices, spectrum shortage appears to be a real problem for which VLC can be offered as a potential solution. This solution is explained in detail in the report.
VLC technology can be used in a number of applications or end user segments like wireless networking, intelligent traffic management systems, home networking system, powerline communication and underwater communication.
VLC technology based devices primarily use LEDs, Opto-couplers and Image Sensors as components and each one represents a unique industry that has tremendous growth potential due to the rise of a new technology. Visible Light Communication based products are primarily dependent on efficient and low cost LEDs for fast data transmission rates and this is an important factor in the faster launch of commercial VLC based devices. The report explains each component type accompanied with revenues and forecasts till 2015.
GBI Research estimates that globally, around $100 million is invested in the research of Visible Light Communication technology and even major companies are conducting trials on VLC for incorporating in future products. This report explains in detail about the various key players in both the pure research centers of institutes and the commercial companies globally.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
- In-depth explanation of the solution from Visible Light Communication for the potential problem of wireless spectrum shortage.
- Key VLC market segments such as PowerLine Communication, Underwater Communication, Visible Light ID system, Optical Communication, Ubiquitous Networking and Intelligent Traffic Management Systems have been covered.
- Market Size for different component types used in VLC based devices in terms of sales revenue. Forecast forward until 2015
- A Comparative Case Study between Visible Light Communication and Infrared Communication.
- VLC initiatives of various VLC technology research centers and key market players are explained in detail.
- Comprehensive profiles of key players such as LVX Systems, Intel Corporation, Nakagawa Laboratories, Intel Corporation, OMEGA, Visible Light Communication Consortium and so on have been provided.
Reasons to buy
- Exploit growth opportunities across various IC component types specific to Visible Light Communication industry.
- Information about the most recent product and technology developments in the Visible Light Communication market.
- What is the future demand potential of different end user applications in Visible Light Communication market– Identify, understand and capitalize.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends, research and developments that are driving the Visible Light Communication market across the globe.
- Understand the competitors operating in the VLC market from the company and institutes profiles.
- Have an in-depth and holistic understanding of Visible Light Communication in technical and commercial perspectives.
To order this report:
Check our Industry Analysis and Insights
Intl: +1 805-652-2626