ORLANDO, Fla., July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- More than 75 restaurants are serving up savings this September during Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month. Returning in its ninth year with the greatest number of restaurants in the program's history, this year's event will include more dates than ever before thanks to the addition of a special preview week starting Aug. 25.
Following three-course dinners for $33 at some of Orlando's most renowned restaurants, savvy diners can turn an evening out into an overnight stay-vacation with one of several Magical Nights dine-and-stay packages offered by participating hotels, starting at just $149. A full list of restaurants, menus and hotel packages is available on the mobile-friendly website OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
As host of the 2014 James Beard Award Semifinalist announcement, Orlando continues to receive national recognition for its diverse and thriving dining options. "I'm so impressed with the growth of Orlando's dining scene," said president of the James Beard Foundation Susan Ungaro during the February 2014 press conference. "I expect Orlando, which has been a prime tourist destination for so many years, can now add culinary destination to its long list of reasons to visit."
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month showcases the destination's emerging culinary scene with new restaurants along with the return of local favorites and celebrity chef restaurants, including:
- Convention Area – Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Cuba Libre, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Spencer's for Steaks and Chops (Hilton Orlando)
- Disney/Lake Buena Vista – Todd English's bluezoo (Walt Disney World Dolphin), The Venetian Room (Caribe Royale), Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen (World Center Marriott)
- Downtown – Funky Monkey Wine Company, Kasa Restaurant & Bar*, Mingo's*, Maxine's on Shine, Citrus Restaurant, The Boheme (Grand Bohemian Hotel)
- Restaurant Row – Bistro CloClo*, Eddie V's*, Dragonfly Sushi, Big Fin Seafood Kitchen, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Seasons 52, Roy's Restaurant
- Universal/CityWalk – Emeril's Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop, Bice Ristorante and Mama Della's Ristorante (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)
- Winter Park and North – Luma on Park, Mitchell's Fish Market, Chez Vincent, Luigino's Restaurant, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse* (Altamonte Springs and Longwood locations)
- Surrounding Areas – Le Coq Au Vin, K Restaurant, Texas de Brazil*, Yuki Hana Japanese Fusion*
*New to Magical Dining Month
Visit Orlando is also giving visitors a way to extend the savings even further with Magical Nights. More than 15 dine-and-stay packages pair dinner for two with a one-night hotel stay, starting from $149 per night including:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress – Standard Guest Room and dinner for two at Hemingway's Restaurant, starting at $149 per night
- Rosen Shingle Creek – Deluxe Room and dinner for two at A Land Remembered or Cala Bella, starting at $185 per night
- The Alfond Inn – Standard Guest Room and dinner for two at Hamilton's Kitchen, starting at $249 per night
For additional Orlando savings this September, Visit Orlando's Magical Deal Month offers 30 days of deals from Sept. 1-30. Discounted hotel rates, plus deals on theme parks, dining and more can be found at VisitOrlando.com/September.
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month will benefit the Foundation for Foster Children, with $1 from every meal donated to the organization. The Foundation for Foster Children supports local foster youth by providing intensive tutoring, typical childhood experiences and volunteer mentors who assist foster children transition into adulthood successfully. These programs help foster children uncover their individual potential which, in turn, strengthens our community. In 2013, as a result of Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, nearly $75,000 was raised for the designated charity, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida.
For more information about vacation experiences in Orlando, to order a complimentary vacation planning kit that includes a comprehensive Official Visitors Guide and Orlando Magicard® or to purchase discount attraction tickets, visitors can log onto Orlando's official website at VisitOrlando.com or call an Official Travel Counselor at 1-800-551-0181 (United States and Canada) or 407-363-5872. For real time updates, follow us at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando and Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
Editor's Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/media.
SOURCE Visit Orlando