LOS ANGELES, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- National Tourism Board VisitBritain has entered into a unique partnership with Ora TV, the entertainment digital network & production company founded by broadcasting legend Larry King & Mexican business mogul Carlos Slim, to bring viewers two premiere episodes of the network's first ever travel program, #ModernTraveler. Launched yesterday on Ora.TV/ModernTraveler, all 15 binge worthy 5 minute episodes are available on-demand, at any time, on any device, with special behind the scene exclusive clips also available.
Aiming to appeal to the 'selfie generation' and capitalize on the explosive growth of online video in the US, VisitBritain became the first-ever destination to partner with #ModernTraveler to film two episodes for the inaugural season in England and Scotland.
#ModernTraveler is not a show for backpackers, it's not a show for luxury travelers - it's a show for the modern traveler. Hosted by Alyssa Caverley, #ModernTraveler demystifies the challenges of travel and show curious globetrotters how they can get the most out of a destination, hitting all the hotspots, but also having deeper experiences with the locals who know it best.
Larry King, iconic broadcaster & co-founder of Ora TV, said of the show's launch,"Modern Traveler is fantastic — unlike any travel show out there. Alyssa Caverley is a great guide who shows us the connection between travel and modern technology. I'm telling you, this show is a must see!"
"As digital broadcast networks continue to rise in the US, shaping the way Americans consume television, VisitBritain is delighted to have come on board as the first destination partner for Ora.TV's first travel show, #ModernTraveler," said Karen Clarkson, VisitBritain's VP North America. "Recognizing the critical importance of aligning with digitally-savvy brands to inspire our core audiences to travel to Britain, #ModernTraveler is the ideal platform for reaching those travelers searching for the ultimate braggable experiences – from visiting the iconic whisky distilleries of the Scottish Highlands to the surfing villages of South West England."
#ModernTraveler host Alyssa Caverley spent two weeks exploring the hidden gems, cultural icons and of course, snapping must-have selfies across Scotland and England. With the support of VisitScotland, Alyssa sipped her way through the Scotch Malt Whisky Trail, went fly fishing at a castle, sheered sheep in Cairngorms National Park and learned traditional Scottish pub games and dances across the country. After taking a brief respite in London to dine at the capital city's oldest fish and chips shop and partake in a traditional afternoon tea at the Athenaeum hotel, Alyssa ventured on to the South West of England. While in Cornwall, Alyssa went to surf school, drove a Ferrari with David Beckham (a cardboard version of David Beckham that is), hunted for ghosts at a haunted hotel and spent the day at a castle on its own private island.
The England and Scotland episodes of #ModernTraveler are available now on Ora.TV.
Notes to Editors:
- Travelers looking to explore more amazing moments across all of Britain are invited to visit OMGB.com, VisitBritain's new website, for more inspiration.
- Traveler's looking to plan a trip to South West England should check out SouthWestEngland.com – another new resource dedicated specifically to this region.
- For more general press information about travel to Britain: media.visitbritain.com
For access to VisitBritain's free photo library for media: www.visitbritainimages.com
- Social Media Handles: Twitter (Corporate): @VisitBritainBiz | Twitter (Consumer): @VisitBritain Facebook: LoveGreatBritain | Instagram: @LoveGreatBritain | Pinterest (VisitBritain)
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, is responsible for inspiring the world to explore Britain and for developing the UK's visitor economy.
- Americans made 2.9 million visits to Britain in 2014 and spent $4.5 billion USD
- The US remains in the top spot in terms of market value for inbound tourism and is one of the top three most important markets in terms of visitor numbers.
- Visitors traveling to Britain can find out more information from visitbritain.com plus purchase money and time saving local transport, sightseeing, attraction, theatre and tour tickets from visitbritainshop.com
- Follow us on Twitter @VisitBritain, Pinterest (VisitBritain), Instagram (@LoveGreatBritain) and Facebook: LoveGreatBritain
About Ora TV
Ora TV is an on-demand digital entertainment network and production company founded by broadcasting legend Larry King & Mexican business mogul Carlos Slim. The company launched in July 2012 with the Emmy nominated series Larry King Now, viewed millions of times per month online and broadcasted on TV around the world on Hulu and www.Ora.TV. Other Ora TV programming includes: Politicking with Larry King, DweebCast, Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura, Catching Hell, Emmy-nominated Real Girl's Kitchen with Haylie Duff and Beer Geeks, plus the recently launched series Brown Bag Wine Tasting with William Shatner. Ora is funded by América Móvil, the leading Latin American wireless service provider, with a majority interest held by noted global business leader Carlos Slim Helú.