Vitamin Shoppe Launches TRUE ATHLETE™ Line of Sports Nutrition Products
The Next Generation of Sports Nutrition, Fully Certified for Sport® by NSF International
NORTH BERGEN, N.J., Jan. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- After listening to customers' sports, fitness and nutrition goals, The Vitamin Shoppe has developed a line of premium products for all active health-conscious individuals. Designed for fitness enthusiasts, the professional athlete, or the weekend warrior, TRUE ATHLETE is a new performance nutrition line to support training and lifestyle needs with the benefits from natural and safe products.
TRUE ATHLETE is the only retailer line to become NSF® Certified for Sport, minimizing the risk of unwanted contaminants. The new product line is formulated with premium ingredients to assure that consumers are getting only the highest quality products to support one's active lifestyle needs.
"We are proud to offer effective, high quality, sports nutrition formulas that every athlete and health conscious individual can trust and be confident in, without the addition of artificial ingredients," says Marvin Barton, Sports Nutrition Expert at The Vitamin Shoppe. "Whether a three-time triathlete or new mom looking to get back into shape, TRUE ATHLETE will help every fitness enthusiast reach their goals and feel good about their training."
The TRUE ATHLETE line includes five synergistic products that work together to help active people meet their fitness goals. The entire line of products contains no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
The TRUE ATHLETE nutrition line includes:
- Training Formula Serious muscle, endurance and performance support. That's what you get with True Athlete Training Formula. Developed with only primary active ingredients to give you the advanced pre-workout support you want. No filler, no fluff, no hype. Slightly sweetened with stevia, this powdered mix is so versatile it can be taken alone, or mixed with other sports nutrition supplements
- ZMA with Theanine is a unique supplement formulated to not only help build muscle strength, but also promote rest and recovery. This product combines the patented ZMA® with Theanine that may help promote relaxation and sleep.
- Kre-Alkalyn Powder is a creatine like no other. While ordinary creatine may cause water retention and bloating in some people, Kre-Alkalyn Powder is a patented form of creatine that minimizes these effects. Kre-Alkalyn® has been shown to increase muscle performance in strength training exercises.
- Natural Whey Protein, available in Vanilla and Chocolate, is derived from cows not treated with the synthetic bovine growth hormone rBGH. This Whey Protein contains no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners and is hormone free and also supported with digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics to enhance the immune and digestive system.
- The first Whole Food Multivitamin designed specifically for the active male and female These Multivitamins are formulated with specific raw and whole food ingredients and nutrients.
The TRUE ATHLETE performance nutrition line is available now exclusively at The Vitamin Shoppe stores and on VitaminShoppe.com. Additional information about the entire TRUE ATHLETE line can be found at www.true-athlete.com. To view TRUE ATHLETE's NSF Certification listing, visit NSF International's website.
"With Vitamin Shoppe TRUE ATHLETE products earning the NSF Certified for Sport designation, professional, amateur and student athletes will have a wider range of products to choose from that they know have been screened for athletic banned substances and contaminants," said Ed Wyszumiala, General Manager of NSF International's Dietary Supplement Certification Programs.
About Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE: VSI)
Vitamin Shoppe is a leading specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products based in North Bergen, New Jersey. The company sells vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, herbs, sports nutrition formulas, homeopathic remedies, green living products, and health and beauty aids to customers located primarily in the United States. The company carries national brand products as well as exclusive products under the Vitamin Shoppe and BodyTech proprietary brands. The Vitamin Shoppe conducts business through more than 500 company-owned retail stores, national mail order catalogs and a website, www.VitaminShoppe.com. Follow The Vitamin Shoppe on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/THEVITAMINSHOPPE and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VitaminShoppe.
SOURCE The Vitamin Shoppe
More by this Source
The Vitamin Shoppe® Introduces "Next Step™" Weight Management Line
Feb 20, 2014, 08:00 ET
Premium Probiotics Line, ProBioCare™, Now Available at the Vitamin Shoppe®
Feb 06, 2014, 08:00 ET
"Share the Health" With The Vitamin Shoppe® On March 1
Feb 24, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.