Sunnyvale, Calif., May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vivante Corporation today announced its participation in the Multicore Developers Conference in Santa Clara, CA where it is demonstrating its smaller, faster, cooler GC series IP graphics cores. Found in many of today's smartphones, tablets, set top boxes and other devices, the GC graphics family is designed from the ground up to accelerate mass market mobile and embedded products, including scalable multi-core applications like automotive, military, medical and others.
The company will demonstrate a variety of devices that highlight the quality visuals provided by Vivante GC cores as well as the overall PC-like experience now delivered on even the smallest handheld devices.
"Vivante IP cores are deployed in more than 100 million devices and counting," said Wei-Jin Dai, Vivante President and CEO. "With a growing ecosystem and product portfolio that covers the entire range of licensable GPU/GPGPU cores, Vivante has rapidly grown its IP licensing business with products deployed the world's leading consumer brands including six of China's top-selling mobile phones."
Supporting the latest versions of Android, Linux, QNX, and Microsoft Windows, Vivante's product portfolio includes performance leading technologies in 3D, 2D/Composition Processors, GPGPU, and vector graphics. Vivante cores use a unified driver architecture compatible with industry-standard application programming interfaces like OpenGL® ES 3.0/2.0, desktop OpenGL®, OpenCL®, OpenVG®, Microsoft® DirectX®, Google Renderscript™ Compute, and other standard APIs.
Robust features built into the GPU cores include:
- World's Smallest Licensable GPU Core designed* for OpenGL ES 3.0: 3.5 mm2 total silicon footprint (including memories) in TSMC 40nm LP process for area sensitive designs that does not sacrifice on features or performance. Cores can be optionally configured with an integrated Composition Processing Core (CPC) which seamlessly accelerates OS level composition tasks at a fraction of the power with only a 10% GPU silicon area increase.
- Single/Dual/Quad/Eight GPU Configurations: ScalarMorphic cores scale from highly silicon optimized single GPU cores to performance optimized multi-GPU nodes, all with best-in-class performance and available hardware support for security and OS virtualization.
- Single Software Stack: Single unified software stack supports all Vivante cores across the full range of graphics and compute APIs, features, and performance levels.
- Battery Saving Innovations: Extreme low power microarchitecture and smart grid technologies for leading mW per MHz/GHz and dynamic power control.
- Memory Efficient: Memory bandwidth modulation optimized for contemporary vertex intensive applications and pixel rich displays including support for the latest compression standards in OpenGL ES 3.0 and optionally the recently announced Khronos ASTC™ – Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression extension
- Heterogeneous Platform Architecture: GC cores designed for hybrid computing systems like HSA using AMBA® ACE-Lite™ (CPU – GPU cache coherency) and the latest Stream Interface
A recent independent study by YOUi Labs validated Vivante's market leading visual quality. Read more here: http://youilabs.com/blog/mobile-gpu-floating-point-accuracy-variances/. To learn more about Vivante's technologies visit www.vivantecorp.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Vivante Corporation
Smaller – Faster – Cooler: Vivante Corporation, a leader in multi-core GPU, OpenCL™, CPC Composition Engine and Vector Graphics IP solutions, provides the highest performance and lowest power characteristics across a range of Khronos™ Group API conformant standards based on the ScalarMorphic™ architecture. Vivante GPUs are integrated into customer silicon solutions in mass market products including smartphones, tablets, HDTVs, consumer electronics and embedded devices, running thousands of graphics applications across multiple operating systems and software platforms. Vivante is a privately held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with additional R&D centers in Shanghai and Chengdu.
Vivante and the Vivante logo are trademarks of Vivante. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Vivante Corporation
SOURCE Vivante Corporation