ViXS introduces the XCode® 6000 ARM processor-based media gateway family - the industry's first integrated six HD transcoder media processor and the first to deploy the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) together with integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) 2.0
TORONTO, Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - ViXS Systems Inc. today announces a new family of advanced network multimedia system-on-chip (SoC) solutions, the XCode 6000. The XCode 6210 is a highly integrated media processor designed to address advanced media gateway set-top box (STB) solutions. The XCode 6308, is a highly integrated media processor designed for media streaming gateway, network transcoding and media network-attached storage (NAS) solutions. The XCode 6410 integrates HEVC and supports up to 4096 x 2160 (4Kx2K) resolution.
The XCode 6000 SoC family offers the best system performance on the market today with its unique innovative architecture allowing off-loading of real-time functionalities such as transcoding video streaming and content place shifting. The XCode 6000 deploys a dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ core as the main applications processor. By leveraging the innovative and comprehensive ARM software ecosystem and ARM's leadership position in the mobile market, this is the ideal choice to power network media gateways.
The XCode 6000 delivers the highest level of system-on-chip concurrency with high performance 2D/3D graphics, 3D TV, high network processing performance, MoCA 2.0 in home networking, best-in-class transcoding performance, multi-stream de-interlacing, advanced security and power management with no compromise in performance.
"We are witnessing an increasing demand from consumers for sharing content seamlessly across many devices, and this will be enabled by truly portable media content," said Vincent Korstanje, Vice President of Segment Marketing, ARM. "As a valued member of the ARM ecosystem, ViXS is driving innovation in the network media processing market by integrating ARM technology in the new XCode 6000 family and enabling the seamless content portability that consumers demand on their smart, connected devices."
"Content mobility has become a technology driver in the industry and is required by leading operators in order for their customers to access their content anywhere, anyway, anytime and on any device" said Sally Daub, President and CEO ViXS Systems Inc. "ViXS has taken the leadership position with many of the key operators and service providers by providing stand-alone and deployed media gateways using our leading edge network media processing architectures. The XCode 6000 is the logic extension of this market leadership position by offering on a single SoC the capabilities to build this function directly into the service providers set-top box gateways".
The XCode 6000 family has set many new innovations and performance benchmarks on the market. These new innovations include:
- First media processing gateway to integrate the new HEVC video compression standard to reduce video bandwidth over the current H.264/MPEG-4 AVC broadcasts and also provide support for 4Kx2K resolution.
- By using the ARM Cortex-A9 processor, the XCode 6000 SoC family has been enhanced to deliver 6000+ DMIPS performance.
- Integration of ViXS' 7th generation of transcoding and media processor core. This core delivers higher video quality and low bit rate enhancements requiring only half the amount of external memory than previous network media processors.
- Best-in-class hardware media processing capable of six concurrent HD transcoding for streaming up to 6 iPads, tablets, smart phones or other connected and mobile devices.
- Best-in-class system performance with the dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processor running together with dual decode, 2D & 3D graphics, multiple stream transcoding with motion adaptive de-interlacing concurrently with networking and MoCA 2.0.
- High performance proven 3D OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware graphics engine with rendering performance up to 1080P60 and compliance to FUTUREMARK benchmark delivering double the performance over the XCode 4000 family.
- Multi-format HD decoding engine for flexible media processing of internet Web TV based streaming or Over the Top (OTT) and Over the Top TV (OTTtv) formats.
- Advanced hardware security technology supporting the latest conditional access and digital rights management specifications.
- Advanced security memory scrubbing and sandboxing features providing a very secure Web software platform.
- Integrated MoCA 2.0 with backward compatibility to MoCA 1.0 and 1.1 providing high throughput and quality-of-service video distribution.
- Highest level of networking throughput in this class of product delivering double the performance over the XCode 4000 family.
- First introduction of USB 3.0 with networking support in media gateway product for hard disk drive and high speed interfacing.
- Low power design. Advanced power management with active and passive standby modes.
- 40 nanometer low power process and flip chip package technology design.
- ViXS Xtensiv™ software suite including internally developed software to take customer solutions through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) certification, Digital Video Recording (DVR) and Blu-ray stacks as well as third party middleware stacks.
- World class content mobility software including Morega's QewPLAYER, QewSERVER software and Sling Media's Sling Loaded technology.
About ViXS Systems Inc.
ViXS is a multimedia solutions innovator providing technologies for processing, managing, securing and distributing high quality video and audio allowing seamless control, conversion, and connectivity between many classes and sizes of digital entertainment devices.
ViXS supplies advanced System-on-Chip semiconductors, software solutions and hardware reference designs for the world's top manufacturers of Digital TVs, DVDs, Set-top boxes, Personal Video Recorders, PCs, Network-Attached Storage devices, Residential/Home Gateways, Blu-ray players/recorders, as well as Broadcast and Professional Equipment OEMs.
ViXS is headquartered in Toronto, Canada with global operations and offices in Europe, Asia and North America. ViXS has 382 patents issued and pending worldwide. Listed for four years running as one of Deloitte's fastest growing North American companies, ViXS is setting new standards in the way digital entertainment is viewed and transmitted across an endless array of multimedia products.
For more information on ViXS, please visit our website: www.vixs.com.
VIXS™, the ViXS® logo, XCode™, XConnex™ and Xtensiv™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ViXS. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE ViXS Systems Inc.