VIZIO Adds Innovative New Apps to Industry's Top Connected Consumer Electronics Platforms, Delivering Even More Entertainment On Demand
IRVINE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VIZIO, the #1 brand in the US for WiFi flat-panel TVs1 , today announced an expanded line-up of new apps for its connected consumer electronics platforms of award-winning VIZIO Internet Apps™ smart TVs and Co-Star™ stream players. In addition to the exceptional line-up of popular consumer favorites already available on VIZIO connected devices, new featured apps that will be added include M-GO, Redbox Instant by Verizon, 3DGO!, outmywindow™, Flixfling and Crackle. VIZIO will be showcasing some of these latest apps at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NV January 7-11 at the Wynn Hotel in the Mouton Ballroom by appointment.
VIZIO's new content partners expand the entertainment options for the industry's top connected platforms. With the easiest out of box set-up experience, universal remote with full keyboard and built-in Wi-Fi in every Smart TV, VIZIO has one of the industry's top connect rates. Current popular apps that have helped VIZIO become the smart platform that consumers connect to most include Amazon Instant Video, HuluPlus, Netflix®, VUDU and YouTubeTM. New premier apps that will be added to the VIZIO connected platform, providing consumers with even more entertainment value, include2:
- M-GO (www.mgo.com) – M-GO is the people-friendliest, new pay-as-you-go digital entertainment service that makes it easier than ever to browse, rent, buy and enjoy the broadest, newest and best selection of movies and TV shows. Redefining the way people find, purchase and enjoy digital entertainment. M-GO is a simple way to enjoy the freshest new releases and handpicked recommendations at home or on the go. Available on the VIZIO Co-Star stream player, M-GO will soon expand to other VIZIO Internet Apps™ products including VIZIO's Smart TVs, tablets and blu-ray players.
- Redbox Instant by Verizon (www.redboxinstant.com) – Combining the best of disc and digital, Redbox Instant by Verizon is a fun, simple way for consumers to discover and enjoy the best Hollywood movies. Currently in public beta, Redbox Instant by Verizon will be available later this month on the VIZIO tablets and Co-Star stream player through the Google Play store and can be enjoyed on VIZIO PCs through RedboxInstant.com. The Redbox Instant by Verizon service offers several ways for consumers to watch their favorite movies at home and on-the-go. Through the subscription plan consumers can enjoy a content-rich catalog of movies available for on-demand streaming, plus four one-night credits to redeem the latest DVD releases at the kiosk all for $8 per month. Customers can also use Redbox Instant by Verizon without a subscription and select new releases available for purchase or rental, or simply reserve for pick up at their local Redbox kiosk location.
- 3DGO! (www.3dgo.com) – Unique to the VIZIO Theater 3D Smart TV experience is SENSIO's 3DGO!, the world's first dedicated 3D video-on-demand service featuring a wide array of 3D content including the latest Hollywood blockbuster titles. Based on the award-winning SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology, 3DGO! Is the perfect app for 3D movie enthusiasts that desire instant access to new 3D content as it requires no subscription or additional equipment. 3DGO! will be available on select VIZIO Theater 3D Smart TVs in 2013.
- outmywindow (www.outmywindow.com) – outmywindow is a free social photo service that allows consumers to take pictures and share them either with select friends or broadcast them to social networks, while easily storing them in the cloud. It provides a simple way to organize photos and view them in real time across multiple devices, via a stylish easy-to-use dashboard. For consumers looking for a fun and instant way to collaborate and share photos with friends, outmywindow is available now on VIZIO connected platforms.
- FlixFling (www.flixfling.com) - Further expanding content options for consumers, FlixFling is an entertainment content provider that allows consumers to share more than 10,000 movies and TV shows across multiple FlixFling enabled devices. Utilizing FlixFling's unique digital locker, MyFlix, consumers can store their favorite content and access it anywhere and anytime without having to download or sync devices. FlixFling is currently available on all VIZIO Smart TVs and will be available on the VIZIO Co-Star stream player in 2013.
- Crackle (www.crackle.com) - Crackle is a leading digital entertainment network for the connected guy. Their programming staff hand-picks unedited, full-length movies, TV shows and originals from genres like action, comedy, crime, horror and sci-fi. Current offerings include DISTRICT 9, UNDERWORLD and SNATCH as well as full episodes of popular TV series such as "Rescue Me." Crackle is available now on all VIZIO connected platforms.
"Our success with connected platforms, as with all our products, can be attributed to intently listening to the needs of our consumers and then working diligently to develop solutions that are accessible for everyone," said Matt McRae, VIZIO Chief Technology Officer. "Based on this simple formula, we continue to stay at the forefront of customer satisfaction in the connected space by providing them with innovative easy-to-access apps that will further enhance their connected entertainment experience."
"VIZIO is taking connected devices to the next level and we couldn't be more thrilled to have M-GO featured as a premier entertainment experience," said John Batter, CEO of M-GO. "With the M-GO button on the VIZIO remote control it's easier than ever for people to get the entertainment they care about – new releases from the leading Hollywood studios the soonest they are available, hidden gems discovered by our editors, an extensive catalogue of older titles, and catch up TV the day after and beyond."
In addition to Smart TVs, VIZIO launched the Co-Star stream player mid-2012 which makes it easy to transform any HDTV into the ultimate Smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one intuitive and easy experience. Powered by Google TV, users get instant access to full-screen web browsing capabilities via Google Chrome™ and the best in streaming entertainment with a rapidly expanding set of apps users can download from Google Play. Further complementing the overall experience, the VIZIO Co-Star includes a universal Bluetooth® remote with an innovative touchpad that lets you touch, tap, scroll and drag, and a full QWERTY keyboard that helps users search for their favorite entertainment.
The VIZIO Co-Star was the first stream player to offer video games on demand through the OnLive® Game Service. OnLive allows users to demo, watch and play hundreds of top-tier video games directly from 'the cloud' via their VIZIO Co-Star, eliminating the need for users to own an independent game console. With easy access to thousands of apps through Google Play, Co-Star offers the most comprehensive stream player available today.
An automatic over-the-air Co-Star update will begin rolling out end of January to all current stream player owners providing them with access to VIZIO's featured new apps including M-GO, VUDU and an updated Amazon Instant Video experience. Consumers will also experience the latest Google TV platform features like Voice Search using a compatible Google TV remote application, as well as the new mobile pairing feature for YouTube that turns your phone into a remote control.
As the #1 brand in the U.S. for WiFi flat-panel TVs, VIZIO's 70", 60" and 50" screen size class of Razor LED™ Smart TVs feature VIZIO Internet Apps® with built-in WiFi for endless entertainment options and instant access to thousands of popular apps, all with the push of a button on the Smart TV remote2.
"Of all the connected TV sets in the market, VIZIO's smart TV platform continues to be one of the easiest to use with lots of content options," said Dan Rayburn, Principal Analyst, Digital Media, Frost & Sullivan. "And considering their 60" smart TV set retails for under a grand, VIZIO's smart TV lineup is one of the best values in the market today."
More information on VIZIO's CES announcements can be found at VIZIO.com/CES.
VIZIO, Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, California. In Q2 2007, VIZIO skyrocketed to the top by becoming the #1 shipping brand of flat panel HDTVs in North America and in Q3 2007 became the first American brand in over a decade to lead in U.S. LCD HDTV shipments. Since 2007 VIZIO LCD HDTV shipments remain in the top ranks in the U.S. and were #1 for the total year in 2009 and 2010. In Q4 2012, VIZIO became America's #1 60+ inch HDTV company based on units sold. VIZIO is the #1 Sound Bar Company and is a top rated sound bar brand 2-years running by leading consumer publications. As VIZIO celebrates its 10-Year Anniversary, it remains committed to what it does best, focus on the consumer to deliver visionary products at a great value. VIZIO offers a broad range of award winning consumer electronics that now include PCs and mobility products. VIZIO's products are found at Amazon, Best Buy, BJ's Wholesale, Costco Wholesale, Sam's Club, Target, Walmart and other retailers nationwide. VIZIO has won numerous awards including a #1 ranking in the Inc. 500 for Top Companies in Computers and Electronics, "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with HDTVs" by J.D. Power and Associates and made the lists of Ad Age's Hottest Brands, CNET's Editor's Choice, CNET Best of CES 2011 - Television, Home Theater Magazine's Top Picks, Good Housekeeping's Best Big-Screens, PC World's Best Buy and Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice among many other prestigious honors. For more information, please call 888-VIZIOCE or visit www.VIZIO.com.
© 2013 VIZIO,Inc. The V, VIZIO, Thin + Light and all names, logos and phrases are registered or unregistered trademarks of VIZIO, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
1Source: The NPD Group's Retail Tracking Service based on units sold January – Nov 2012 – Total WiFi Flat Panel HDTVs
2High-speed/broadband Internet service and access equipment are required and not provided by VIZIO, Inc. Additional fees and/or subscriptions may be required for certain content and services. VIZIO, Inc. makes no warranties, representations, or assurances of any kind as to the content, availability, or functionality of third party content or services.
SOURCE VIZIO, Inc.