VMware, Microsoft and SAP Earn Top Grades for Their Products and Relationships, According to New Temkin Group Research
Survey of 800 IT Decision Makers At Large Organizations Rates 54 Tech Vendors
WABAN, Mass., Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group released a new research report, Tech Vendors: Benchmarking Product and Relationship Satisfaction of IT Clients, 2013. The research rates 54 technology vendors based on feedback from 802 IT professionals within large North American organizations. Microsoft servers and VMware earned the top scores for their products while Deloitte Consulting and Trend Micro were the lowest scoring in this category. VMware and SAP Analytics were the highest rated in the relationship category while Deloitte Consulting and Fujitsu fell to the bottom.
IT decision makers were asked to rate their technology providers in eight areas, across both product and relationship criteria. This is the second year that Temkin Group has published this research, which showed that the average scores across tech vendors dropped in each of the eight categories.
"Our research shows that tech vendors have taken a step backwards in how they serve their large IT clients," states Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
Here are highlights from the four criteria used to rate the tech vendors' products:
- Product Features: IBM SPSS and Microsoft servers are on top, while Infosys IT Services and Deloitte Consulting are on the bottom.
- Product Quality: VMware, Apple, SAP Analytics, and Intel are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Novell are on the bottom.
- Product Flexibility: VMware and Microsoft servers are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Trend Micro are on the bottom.
- Product Ease of Use: Apple, Microsoft desktop, and Dell are on top, while Computer Sciences Corporation and Trend Micro are on the bottom.
Here are highlights from the four criteria used to rate relationships with the tech vendors:
- Technical Support: VMware and IBM IT Services are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Tata Consulting Services are on the bottom.
- Account Team Support: VMware, SAP Analytics, and IBM SPSS are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Fujitsu are on the bottom.
- Cost of Ownership: VMware and SAP Analytics are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Accenture Consulting are on the bottom.
- Vendor Innovation: VMware and Google are on top, while Deloitte Consulting and Fujitsu are on the bottom.
Temkin Group's study was based on a survey of 802 IT decision makers within North American companies that have at least $500 million in annual revenues in April 2013.
For more information about Temkin Group, visit www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters® (ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com). Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
Customer experience matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
Read more news from Temkin Group.
SOURCE Temkin Group
More by this Source
New Temkin Group Research Study Reveals Consumers Recommend USAA the Most and HSBC the Least
Nov 14, 2013, 08:35 ET
50 Top Customer Experience Tips Published by Temkin Group in Infographic, eBook Form
Oct 09, 2013, 08:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.