Voices Against Brain Cancer Hosts Event to Benefit Brain Cancer Research
NEW YORK, June 8 /PRNewswire/ --
- Henry S. Friedman, M.D., co-executive Director and world-renowned Neuro-Oncologist at Duke University Medical Center's Brain Tumor Center, will receive the 2010 Gary Lichtenstein Humanitarian Award.
- Eric Lichtenstein, managing director at Knight Capital Group and co-founder of VABC, will receive the 2010 Voices Award.
- Bernie Williams, former member of the New York Yankees and passionate musician, will perform at the event.
- Omar Minaya, general manager of the New York Mets and Voices Against Brain Cancer Board Member; Richie Cannata, Billy Joel's saxophonist; Ronnie Alexenburg, Former President of Epic Records; and Avis Richards, CEO of Birdsnest Productions, a visual media production company dedicated to supporting non-profit organizations will all be attending the event.
- Chieli Minucci is the leader of the Grammy-nominated jazz group Special EFX, with over 25 albums released to date. Chieli is a three-time Emmy winner for his music in television. Chieli Minucci and Special EFX will perform at the event.
- Kirstin Cole, a CBS reporter, will be Mistress of Ceremonies.
- 2010 VABC Courage Awards will be presented to eight individuals who have each displayed tremendous strength in their fight against brain cancer
WHAT: Voices Against Brain Cancer's fifth annual gala, Sounding Off For A Cure, to fight brain cancer. Proceeds from the event will benefit innovative brain cancer research programs at, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard, Memorial Sloan-Kettering, University of Michigan, University of Pittsburg and Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Brain tumors can affect people of every age, gender, ethnicity and health history.
- Each year, more and more people in the United States are diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor.
- There are hundreds of different types of brain tumors, resulting in highly variable effects and survival rates.
- There are currently no known causes of brain cancer.
- Funds raised from this year's event will fund research, clinical trials and support programs for brain cancer patients and their caregivers.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
WHERE: Expecting 1,000 Guests – The Hammerstein, 311 W 34th St (between 7th and 8th Avenues) New York, NY 10001
CONTACT: For more information please contact Arienne Orozco at Arienne@poweredbyprofessionals.com or 646.278.6727
Web Site: http://www.voicesagainstbraincancer.org
SOURCE Voices Against Brain Cancer
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.