Voip-Pal.Com Inc. Announces New Board Member
Dr. Thomas E. Sawyer, former CEO of NACT Telecommunications to join Board
BELLEVUE, Wash., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal", "Company") (OTC Pink: VPLM) is pleased to announce that Dr. Thomas E. Sawyer, former Chairman and CEO of NACT Telecommunications, Inc. and former Chief Technology Officer of Global Light Telecommunications, Inc., has been appointed to the Board.
Dr. Sawyer is the current Chairman and Founder of Sacred Circle Health Care, Inc., a company whose primary focus is to provide a wide range of primary medical care services to Tribal members. In addition, Sawyer currently serves as Director of five other companies – Quadrant 4 Systems (a publicly traded IT company), Cedar Band Enterprises (an economic development organization for the Cedar Band of Paiutes), Chief Consolidated Mining, Inc. (a publicly traded copper and gold mining company), First European Investment Foundation (a large international financial services group) and AIM Holdings Company LTD (an internal division of AIM Holdings tasked with researching the latest world economic climate and financial trends to its clients).
From 2007 to 2011, Dr. Sawyer served as the Director of Digifonica International Inc. (see About Digifonica below).
"Tom brings over forty five years of technical and managerial experience in high-technology industries, government, and university faculties along with in-depth community relations experience at local, state, and federal levels," states Dennis Chang, President of Voip-Pal. "With our current accelerated development of patent applications, we feel that Tom is an excellent fit for our Company and we are very honored and excited to have Tom aboard."
Dr. Sawyer served as a senior advisor to four U.S. Presidents: Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and George H. W. Bush.
- President Nixon, 1968 to 1969, Acting Under Secretary to Secretary Robert Finch of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. 1973 to 1974, Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity in the Executive Offices of the President.
- President Ford, 1974, Member of the National Council on Indian Opportunity.
- President Reagan, 1982 to 1988, Chairman of the National Advisory Council for Indian Affairs.
- President George H. W. Bush, 1989 to 1991, Special Assistant for International Economic Development.
About Voip-Pal/Digifonica Patent Applications
- Lawful Intercept: ("Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150138, (Link to Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): This patent was issued on April 16, 2013 with the number 8,422,507. Lawful Intercept Continuation patent application was filed with the USPTO. This Continuation leverages patented technology for instant and text messages, and inherits the same Priority date of November 29, 2007. A Response in Europe will be filed in 2 weeks. Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts on VoIP telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept. The advantage of this patent is that it is truly undetectable by the intercept target; as opposed to many prior art technologies. Various governments are considering legislating Lawful Intercept as a mandatory technology for any VoIP provider.
- Routing, Billing and Rating engine (RBR): ("Producing routing messages for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150328, (Link to RBR USPTO filing): A Response to USPTO office action will be filed in 2 weeks. A Response in Europe has already been filed. The Company believes that this patent application technology will be the foundation of any modern commercial VoIP system. It has taken millions of investment dollars and years to develop and solidify into perhaps the most important architectural solution for VoIP.
- Mobile Gateway: US Patent Application, Publication No. 20110122827, (Link to Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): USPTO office action has been received and a Response is currently being prepared to be filed. The Company believes that Mobile Gateway technology can be applied to any modern cell phone allowing Internet calls to be transparent for the users. All current commercial techniques for making cell phone Internet calls require the users to make additional actions, which are not necessary with the Mobile Gateway patent application.
- Enhanced 911: ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100172345, (Link to Enhanced 911 USPTO filing): A Response to USPTO office action has been filed. This patent application technology satisfies the major requirement for emergency response system which is the ability to call back the person on emergency if he drops the call.
- Advanced Interoperability Solutions: ("Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20120170574, (Link to Advanced Interoperability Solutions USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. This patent application technology demonstrates the future of Internet voice communication – calls should not be dropped when roaming from one transport provider to another.
About Digifonica (International) Limited
Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica") was originally incorporated as Digifonica International Inc. in 2004 and listed on the TSX stock exchange. The company raised more than $15M of investments into research and development of the most advanced VoIP technologies. It employed approximately 20 developers, some of them being well-known in VoIP industry, who built an integrated white-labelled VoIP system, which can be deployed for new Internet Telephony providers in matter of minutes. The goal was two-fold:
- Provide scalable and the most cost-effective solution for partners, when prices for Internet calls go down to zero
- Comply with government regulations of Internet communications against illegal activities
Soon after the first production-grade system was released for partners, it became clear that architectural solutions developed and operated by Digifonica, were highly advanced in the industry and required protection. Digifonica decided to dedicate sufficient resources, both human and financial, to work with the top Canadian firm practising in intellectual property - Smart & Biggar. That cooperation produced the results: Digifonica filed overall 5 patent applications, starting from 2007. The Patent Applications were all filed initially as PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) applications, came through International phase, then entered National phases in many countries around the world, first of all in US Canada and Europe. They are all in different stages of prosecution.
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to residential and business customers. The company also provides VoIP communication and reseller solutions for its partners. Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is the enabler of international calls using VoIP technology on the internet, smartphones and PC Tablets. Voip-Pal's goal is to provide a quality, high-speed and cost-effective telephone solution for the casual and business international traveler who must rely on their smartphones, laptops or tablets in order to communicate. Voip-Pal.Com/Digifonica is a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 Billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth1. The addition of Digifonica's Patent Pending Application portfolio greatly enhances shareholder value and will contribute to significant revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com.
Retail Website: www.platinumphone.com.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
Company Contact: email@example.com
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
US Telephone IR Contact: (954) 495-4600
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.