Voip-Pal.Com Inc. Completes Successful Beta Test of "Soft Switch" VoIP Network Framework
BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal") (OTC Pink sheets: VPLM) is pleased to announce that it has completed initial beta testing of its proprietary and leading edge intelligent "Soft Switch" VoIP network framework and five specific patents acquired from Digifonica International (Gibraltar) Limited.
Voip-Pal can now begin to target VoIP based equipment manufacturers, cellular telecommunications carriers, Network Service Providers ("NSP"), Telecommunications Service Providers and Cable Operators as potential Licensees of its patent portfolio.
Voip-Pal believes that the newly acquired proprietary framework and intellectual property can provide large scale VoIP equipment manufacturers and NSPs with a unique product offering that protects their corporate identity and provides unique, market leading products and solutions to their subscribers. For example, through Voip-Pal's licensed technology, today's Licensee can enable a WiFi/WiMax enabled cellular phone to "roam" between WiFi antenna's (even on the same network).
The VoIP industry has identified five specific patents which contain competitive and licensable technologies. A further explanation of each patent is as follows:
- Rating-Billing-Routing engine (RBR): (Producing routing messages for VoIP communications): RBR allows new Licensees to perform subscriber management from their own existing subscriber management and billing platforms. This series of patented technologies allow Licensees to setup and deploy Digital Voice solutions virtually anywhere in the world in a matter of days, without fear of infringing on mainstream VoIP patents. (see Verizon/Vonage litigation)
- Lawful Intercept (Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications): Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts (wiretaps) on Digital Voice telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept.
- Enhanced 911 ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications): This is a patented technology which allows for Short Code/Emergency Dialing; in other words, the ability to enable true Emergency Calling solutions to Digital Voice subscribers.
- Mobile Gateway: This patent is designed to allow a single subscriber device to connect automatically to WiFi/WiMax and other wireless data connections.
- Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes: This patent allows the transfer of in-session digital voice calls between disparate wireless technologies, enabling subscribers to roam seamlessly between different WiFi, WiMAX, 3G and 4G antenna technologies without losing a call.
"In addition to our ability to license these patents to major players in the VoIP industry we will have the ability to license our proprietary framework to other VoIP companies to enable to them to meet and/or exceed current and future regulatory requirements with respect to areas such as Lawful Intercept and Emergency Services," states Dennis Chang, President of Voip-Pal. "While our Licensing focus will target significant Partner/Subscribers, Voip-Pal will also be able to generate licensing revenue from the competition as well."
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is a broadband VoIP telecom company offering local and long distance VoIP services to consumers and business owners. The company also provides VoIP communication and reseller solutions for its partners. Voip-Pal.Com Inc. is the enabler of international calls using VoIP technology on the internet, smart cell phones and PC Tablets. Voip-Pal's goal is to provide a quality, high-speed and cost-effective telephone solution for the casual and business international traveler who must rely on their smartphones, laptops or tablets in order to communicate. Voip-Pal.Com, through its wholly owned subsidiary "Digifonica International Limited (Gibraltar)", is a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 Billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth. The addition of Digifonica Gibraltar's patent portfolio greatly enhances shareholder value and is expected to contribute significant revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com.
About PointsPhone Mobile™:
PointsPhone Mobile™ is a VoIP application (App) that allows economical international calls on iPhone and Android phones. Package prices begin as low as $10.00. By using Virtual Numbers or DID numbers, you can choose local assigned numbers that allows others to call you back without roaming and for you to make and/or receive calls virtually anywhere in the world without incurring roaming charges. North American users can purchase the Platinum Suite package which bundles substantial airtime minutes with a one year subscription to the PointsPhoneGuard™, a state-of-the art antivirus program for mobile phones and tablets.
Retail Website: www.pointsphone.com.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
Company Contact: Dennis Chang, CEO: email@example.com
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.