HERNDON, Va., Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced the launch of its completely redesigned website www.vw.com. Part of the brand's global Digital Business Strategy, the United States is the first market in which the enhanced site debuts. As Volkswagen responds to the increasingly important role that the online universe is playing in car purchasing decisions, the site includes resources around enhancing the user experience both in driving and ownership.
"The United States is the global leader when it comes to the Internet. That's why we're consciously beginning our Digital Business Strategy in this market," said Luca de Meo, Head of Group Marketing at Volkswagen. "We intend to utilize the experience gathered in North American for the further rollout of the initiative worldwide. This is a perfect example of how the global brand of Volkswagen makes targeted and intelligent use of its international know-how."
"The all-new VW.com is a platform that meets the needs of our customers by supporting the reality of customer control, desire for social shopping and ultimately the future of a mobile shopping experience," said Tim Ellis, Vice President of Marketing, Volkswagen of America, Inc. "With features including precise product presentation, high definition car configuration and competitive vehicle comparison, we've enhanced the user-experience and created an opportunity for consumers to interact more closely with the brand."
The new redesigned site is on a globally hosted platform with an entirely new content management system offering consumers:
- Interactive Vehicle Configurator: Improved product and feature information allows shoppers a more robust visual experience when designing a vehicle. A core element of the website presents realistic 3-D high-definition vehicles at your fingertips. Users looking to test drive a Volkswagen can locate the closest vehicle directly through the site using Google Maps.
- Social Shopping: Allows visitors to extend their experience into social networks after they've designed the car they love. In addition, popular combination features from others are automatically displayed, giving shoppers buying recommendations.
- The Great Comparison Tool: A first for the brand, users will be able to compare Volkswagen models against all cars. The visual "At a Glance" feature allows consumers to see a visual summary of key stats across all competitive models. Powered by Polk Data, the compare tool is accurate and robust, offering a better online shopping experience.
- Blogs: An entirely new blog network includes updated editorial content, which humanizes the brand, increases familiarity and deepens connections with consumers. The blog network further extends the use of social media in the car buying experience.
- Navigation: User-friendly navigation makes it easy for users to navigate into key content areas of the website and explore all Volkswagen vehicles with detailed, dynamic, high quality photos and specifications.
- Owners Portal: An owner-dedicated section of VW.com offers a one-stop destination online where customers can get to know their Volkswagen with additional information on the functions of the vehicle, such as operating instructions on the radio navigation systems and Bluetooth connectivity. Future phases of the Owners Portal will allow the customer to personalize their site experience and manage their car-related life with everything from booking service, to making a car payment, to buying accessories.
About Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc. is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. Volkswagen is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker. Volkswagen sells the Eos, Golf, New Beetle, New Beetle convertible, GTI, Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, CC, Tiguan, Touareg and Routan through approximately 600 independent U.S. dealers. All 2010 Volkswagens come standard-equipped with Electronic Stabilization Program. This is important because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has called ESC the most effective new vehicle safety technology since the safety belt. Visit Volkswagen of America online at http://www.vw.com or media.vw.com to learn more.
SOURCE Volkswagen of America, Inc.