"A study of our customers' calling patterns revealed that receiving 'missed calls' from friends and family overseas is a common practice to indicate the need to talk without incurring the expense of an international call," said Gene Cannon, Vice President of Product Management for Vonage. "boomerang makes it fast and easy for friends and family anywhere in the world to reach Vonage customers without having to pay for the call, providing a seamless way for customers to connect with loved ones."
When an overseas caller dials a Vonage customer's number, they hear a message telling them to hang up to receive a call back. Vonage then uses the customer's number to automatically place a call between the customer and caller. The Vonage customer then has the option to either answer the phone or direct the call to voicemail. Whether or not the call is connected, friends and family abroad are never charged by Vonage.
Key Features of boomerang:
- Customers can choose up to 10 contacts to add to their boomerang list.
- Customers can easily add and remove contacts from their boomerang list via the Vonage Extensions® App's contacts or "recent" list.
- boomerang works with other Vonage features like SimulRing®, call forwarding, call waiting, visual voicemail and more.
- boomerang calls will ring the Vonage home phone and mobile Extensions App.
- Customers will hear a special ring tone on the Extensions App to indicate a boomerang call.
- boomerang is included in calling plans for Vonage residential customers in the U.S., U.K. and Canada regardless of the country that originates the call.
For more on boomerang, watch this video with Gene Cannon or click here for a demo.
Vonage (NYSE: VG) is a leading provider of cloud communications services for businesses. Vonage transforms the way people work and businesses operate through a portfolio of communications solutions that enable internal collaboration among employees, while also keeping companies closely connected with their customers, across any mode of communication, on any device. The Company also provides a robust suite of feature-rich residential communication solutions. In 2015, the Company was named a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as-a-Service, Worldwide and also earned the Frost & Sullivan Growth Excellence Leadership Award for Hosted IP and Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) Services. For more information, visit www.vonage.com.
Vonage Holdings Corp. is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey. Vonage® is a registered trademark of Vonage America Inc. To follow Vonage on Twitter, please visit www.twitter.com/vonage. To become a fan on Facebook, go to www.facebook.com/vonage. To subscribe on YouTube, visit www.youtube.com/vonage.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vonage-introduces-new-boomerang-international-calling-feature-300286863.html