Vons Celebrates Reopening of its Arcadia Pavilions Remodeled store features expanded variety of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Filipino Products
ARCADIA, Calif., Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After four months of construction and merchandising enhancements, Vons – which also operates Pavilions stores in Southern California – is celebrating the grand re-opening of its Arcadia Pavilions.
Located at 745 E. Naomi Street in the Arcadia Hub Shopping Center, the newly remodeled Pavilions – which has served the community since 1969 – has incorporated specialized areas into its floor plan for added customer convenience.
In the store's new Asian Zone, for example, customers will find a broader assortment of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Filipino merchandise, plus hundreds of other new items throughout the store in the meat, seafood, produce, bakery, deli, frozen and dairy departments. The floral department was also updated to complement the store's Asian emphasis.
The newly remodeled store also has a focus on fresh. The store boasts an expanded produce section with an exceptional selection of organic produce.
"We are proud to provide this remodeled Pavilions to our Arcadia customers and to offer new items that reflect their food preferences, in a format that makes shopping at the store convenient and enjoyable," said Vons President Lori Raya.
Some of the store's highlights include:
- Full Service Meat and Seafood Departments: Including Sea bass, pompano and many other varieties.
- Full Service Bakery: Taro bread, mini coconut tart, pineapple cake, crispy almond cookies, almond tile cookies, taro buns, coconut buns, red bean pineapple buns.
- Expanded Produce: An increased selection of fresh, seasonal items that include Satsuma mandarins, gai lan, mustard greens and more.
- Full Service Deli: Dim sum to go and spam musubi, a popular snack and lunch food in Hawaii composed of a slice of grilled Spam on top of a block of rice, wrapped together with nori dried seaweed in the tradition of Japanese omusubi as well as bun bao, char siu and kimchi. Vietnamese sandwiches are made to order.
- Favorite Asian Brands: Nishiki, Lee Kum Kee and Nong Shim are a few of the many brands throughout the new store.
- Starbucks Kiosk: Starbucks beverages, free WiFi and a large open seating area for meetings.
- Full Service Pharmacy: Experienced Pharmacists available to fill prescriptions, offer advice, explain medications and discuss over-the-counter medications.
- Full Service Floral: Beautifully designed floral arrangements, gifts and collectibles for every special occasion.
The store's re-opening will be highlighted with a Preview Night on Friday, December 6th from 4pm to 8pm, where shoppers can sample a variety of foods. The Arcadia Pavilions is open 7 days a week from 6am to midnight.
Vons is a division of Safeway, Inc., one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America. Safeway operates 1,412 stores in the United States, 275 of which are in southern California and southern Nevada that operate under the Vons and Pavilions banners. Vons supports a broad range of charitable and community programs. Its employees contributed over 350,000 volunteer hours to the community in 2012, while the company and its foundation donated more than $17 million to cancer research, schools and nonprofit organizations that provide hunger relief and serve youth, veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please visit www.vons.com or www.pavilions.com.
SOURCE Vons Pavilions