SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced that the Vormetric Encryption and Vormetric Vault have been certified on VCE™ Vblock™ Systems as Vblock Ready™ by Superna™ an authorized VCE Vblock certification provider. The combination of Vormetric Encryption and Vormetric Vault provides common customers of the two organizations strong, layered data security for VCE Vblock Systems enabling them to meet strict compliance requirements, prevent data breaches and protect critical Intellectual Properties for customer workloads implemented with the Vblock Systems.
Click to tweet: .@VCE Vblock Systems certifies @Vormetric as VCE Vblock Ready to deliver, strong, layered #datasecurity and #cloudsecurity
"Many organizations are using the power and flexibility of VCE Vblock Systems to underpin cloud, virtualization, big data and other advanced services. The capability to make these Vblock System environments secure for sensitive data with Vormetric Encryption and Vormetric Vault is a significant benefit to customers, allowing organizations to confidently use the Vblock System's infrastructure for the most sensitive tasks," said Ashvin Kamaraju, Vice President of Product and Partner Management for Vormetric. "With this certification, customers using our solutions in combination can be assured of a well-tested and proven solution that has minimal performance impact."
VCE Vblock Systems provide rapid deployments and dramatically lower IT costs by offering pre-integrated, pre-tested and pre-validated IT infrastructures that combine best-in-class compute, network, storage, virtualization and management technologies from Cisco, EMC and VMware with end-to-end vendor accountability. This certification provides customers with the assurance that Vormetric Encryption and Vormetric Vault will interoperate with Vblock Systems.
"VCE is pleased to welcome Vormetric as a Technology Alliance Partner for Vblock Systems," said D.J. Long, Senior Director, Technology Alliances, VCE. "As a TAP partner, Vormetric can integrate its technologies with Vblock Systems to deliver advanced solutions to customers."
Vormetric Encryption is a single, centrally managed solution delivering core data protection capabilities both within and outside of VCE Vblock System environments. These capabilities create an effective firewall around sensitive data, including:
- Encryption and Key Management – strong, centrally managed, encryption and key management that enables compliance and is transparent to processes, applications and users.
- Access Policies and Privileged User Controls – that restrict access to encrypted data, permitting data to be decrypted only for authorized users and applications, and allowing privileged users (such as virtualization, storage and system administrators) to perform their jobs without access to protected information.
- Security Intelligence – logs that capture access attempts to protected data, providing data access information that when combined with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution can identify a malicious insider as well as accounts have been compromised by an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT).
- Automation and multi-tenancy – supporting shared use environments and integration with existing infrastructure
In addition, Vormetric Vault provides a simple, secure solution to the problem of managing certificates, securing encryption keys and other security objects – helping enterprises to protect what matters most with a secure, available inventory of these objects. With Vormetric Vault, potential downtime and lost revenue are prevented.
This certification of core Vormetric products enables mutual customers and partners to accelerate their adoption of Vblock Systems, leveraging Vormetric to solve a broad range of problems with data security:
- Compliance requirements for data protection within Vblock Systems: Strict industry regulations and government requirements such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITECH and others mandate encryption and access control capabilities. Vormetric Data Firewall easily extends Vblock System capabilities to meet these requirements when added to the environment.
- Protection of intellectual property within Vblock System Environments: In the event of a network security breach, insider or APT attack, a data firewall can maintain the security of sensitive information.
- Protect against data breaches of sensitive data used within VCE Vblock Systems: Data breach laws such as US Federal and State data protection laws, the EU Data Protection Directive, South Korea's Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the UK Data Protection Act pose fines and costly notification requirements on loss of protected data. The Vormetric Data Firewall's encryption capabilities provide a specific safe harbor from loss of data that is encrypted.
- Solve the operational problems that result from the proliferation of Digital Certificates. Securely store, monitor, alert and report on these items to meet compliance and best practice requirements as well as to prevent internal and web application down time.
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments. Data is the new currency and Vormetric helps over 1200 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 25 and many of the world's most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable solution suite protects any file, any database and any application — anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data firewall that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence.
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. VCE, Vblock, and Vblock Ready are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.