SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced the Vormetric Data Firewall™ for Amazon Web Services (AWS). With this new cloud security offering, customers have access to a fully virtualized solution that works seamlessly within AWS to enhance data security and deliver security intelligence for leading enterprises and SaaS providers. Also available for the first time in the AWS Marketplace, the solution enables organizations to meet strict compliance requirements and protect sensitive data within AWS implementations. 30 day free trial and paid versions are available.
"The security of our customers' data is our top priority," said Terry Wise, Director, Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, Amazon Web Services. "We work closely with security partners like Vormetric to provide customers of all sizes enhanced security solutions that complement our existing AWS security features. The Vormetric Data Firewall allows customers to extend proven security practices to their cloud deployments and we are pleased to see it also made available in the AWS Marketplace."
The Vormetric Data Firewall for AWS enables customers to take advantage of the scale and operational benefits of AWS while using data-centric security to safeguard their sensitive data. The solution features a Vormetric Data Security Manager (DSM) as a hardened virtual appliance delivered as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and data protection for up to 5 AWS-based servers.
"Our customers are eager to move to the cloud and protecting their data is a foremost concern," said Jim Walker, Global Head of Pega Cloud Operations and Security. "With Vormetric's Data Firewall™ technology for protecting deployments within AWS, our clients can be confident in the security of our services when it comes to protecting their high-value data."
The Vormetric Data Firewall on AWS provides users strong, layered security for data wherever it resides within AWS environments – delivering:
- Encryption and Key Management – strong, centrally managed, encryption and key management that enables compliance and is transparent to processes, applications and users.
- Access Policies and Privileged User Controls – that restrict access to encrypted data –ensuring that data is decrypted only for authorized users and processes, and allowing privileged users to perform their jobs without access to protected information.
- Security Intelligence – logs that capture all access attempts to protected data, providing high value security intelligence information that can be used with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution.
- Automation – For fast rollouts and integration with existing infrastructure, both web and command line level APIs provide access to the Vormetric Data Security environment for policy management, deployment and monitoring.
"Our goal is to offer organizations of all types the most innovative and easy-to-use data security technology whenever and wherever needed," said Alan Kessler, CEO of Vormetric. "Before today, customers who wanted the protection supplied by Vormetric's Data Security technology in AWS environments faced multiple challenges in integrating their enterprise and AWS resources. This new offering is making it easier than ever before to make Vormetric Data Security part of AWS implementations - giving enterprises and SaaS providers quick, easy access to the very best data security solutions, all within AWS."
Available September 13th
- Amazon Web Services users can sign up for a free 30-day trial with data protection for up to 3 AWS-based servers and a Vormetric Data Security Manager – Standard AWS usage fees apply.
- Customers may purchase the full solution via the Amazon Web Service Marketplace with hourly pricing. Production versions support up to 5 AWS-based servers.
- The solution is also available for use through a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model with support for larger numbers of servers.
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments. Data is the new currency and Vormetric helps over 1200 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 25 and many of the world's most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable solution suite protects any file, any database and any application — anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data firewall that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence.
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.