LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- VTech understands that consumers want to know that their home – and everyone in it – is safe and sound. This week at CES, VTech® Communications, Inc. will be showcasing their portfolio of Ultra Low Energy (ULE) home monitoring products designed to offer consumers peace of mind with an affordable home monitoring technology that is easy to use, easy to install and easy to customize for today's modern homeowner.
VTech's Wireless Monitoring System provides homeowners with state-of-the-art monitoring for every corner of their home at an affordable price. And the free mobile app gives consumers remote access and control, even when they're not at home.
With a comprehensive product portfolio, consumers can build a customized home monitoring system that fits their unique lifestyle on a budget that's right for them. From an advanced cordless phone system with built-in alerts, to pre-packaged monitoring bundles, homeowners can find the perfect system for their family and home.
Equipped with ULE – a technology, based on the DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) standard, operates on a reserved band that is free of interference and delivers extended range – VTech's new wireless monitoring system products are affordable, easy to install and use, and able to work at longer ranges than current home monitoring solutions on the market today.
The new product portfolio includes:
- Connected Baby Monitors: Parents can choose from a variety of audio and video monitors to easily stay connected with their little ones. Whether they want to check in by video or simply say 'hello' over the talk-back intercom, parents can keep up with what's going on in the nursery using VTech's free app. With ULE open/closed and motion sensors, parents can also receive alerts if their toddler is somewhere off-limits or getting into something they shouldn't be.
- Smart Home Phone System: Homeowners who want an in-home monitoring system can program this advanced cordless phone to notify them if any of their ULE sensors have been triggered. Users can receive alerts directly on their handset or via a call to any phone when they forget to close the garage door, when a window or door opens unexpectedly, or when motion is detected by a sensor in their home. Users can even add on additional open/closed and motion sensors to fit their home's needs.
- Connected High-Definition (HD) Cameras: VTech's HD, remote-access cameras give consumers an extra set of eyes and ears while at home or away. They can view and record high-definition video directly through an app on their mobile device. The app can also notify homeowners with push notifications whenever the camera detects motion.
- Smart Home Hub: The IP hub is the command center for the smart home. Homeowners can pair with VTech ULE sensors to create a complete home monitoring solution ready to keep them informed of what's going on at home directly from an app on their mobile phone. Users can mix and match sensors and devices to create a custom system for their home.
- ULE Smart Home Sensors and Devices: A wide variety of wireless ULE sensors will be available to supplement the company's wireless monitoring solutions, including smart LED light bulbs that homeowners can control with the touch of a button. Whether they want to simply turn on and off their lights, control the color and brightness to fit their mood, or even schedule lights to turn on and off remotely, it can all be done right from their mobile devices. Additionally, a wireless wall switch is available to enable the same control right from the home. Homeowners can also pair their IP Hub with AC power outlet controls that let them turn on/off anything that traditionally plugs into a standard AC outlet. Best of all, users can mix-and-match any variety of ULE sensors to fit their home's needs. Additional sensors include– open/closed, motion, glass-break and flood sensors.
"Whether at home or away, every homeowner wants to know that their home and family is safe and protected. With so many smart home and monitoring technologies on the market, it can be difficult to know which solution is best for your specific needs," said Matt Ramage, Senior Vice President of Sales and Product Management, VTech. "That's why we've designed a new, all-encompassing Wireless Monitoring System for the home that's easy to use, install and customize, making it easy for today's homeowner to build a smart home system that fits their needs and gives them the peace of mind they want and deserve."
To learn more about VTech's new Wireless Monitoring System or if you would like to receive a product demonstration, stop by VTech's CES booth #70550. For more information on VTech and its new wireless monitoring systems, please visit http://www.vtechphones.com/wireless-monitoring.
ULE Technology Changes the Game for the Connected Home
ULE is the newest proven communications standard known for its reliability, security and long range. IHS Research predicts that as many as 50 million ULE products will be sold in 2015 alone. The technology operates on a reserved, DECT 1.9GHz-frequency band that is free of interference and delivers extended range. As a result, homeowners can run all their VTech sensors and control devices on a point-to-point, encrypted network with up to nearly 1,000 feet of range. Other available technologies require multiple AC-powered repeaters to reach the same range, which drives up costs and makes those mesh networks less reliable. ULE is also one of the most energy-efficient smart-home technologies available today.
VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy to preschool and the world's largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services and telephony solutions for the hospitality industry. Most recently, the company has leveraged its expertise and success in cordless telephones to offer a portfolio of cost-effective, cutting-edge business phone solutions as well. VTech's success and expertise with DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) technology, the precursor to ULE technology, in addition to its contributions as a founding member of the ULE Alliance, uniquely positions the company to bring innovative technology to the smart home market. Founded in 1976, VTech's mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovative and high quality products in a manner that minimizes any impact on the environment, while creating sustainable value for its stakeholders and the community.
© 2015 VTech Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
For further information on VTech and its array of products, please visit www.vtechphones.com.
SOURCE VTech Communications, Inc.