Walmart Announces Three Days of Unmatched Holiday Savings and Delivers the Industry's Best Price Match Guarantee
Weekend Savings include Thanksgiving Day Online Specials, a Friday Full of Midnight Events and 5:00 a.m. Electronics Deals with Even More Savings on Saturday
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart is kicking off three days of savings, typically reserved only for the Friday After Thanksgiving, on this seasons' must-have holiday gifts, including the strongest "price match" guarantee in the market. In fact, Walmart is one of the only retailers that will price match competitors' ads on "Black Friday." Customers simply bring in competitors' ads and Walmart will match the price of any identical product right at the register, making Walmart the easiest place to save this holiday season.(1)
The retailer's three days of savings will commence with Thanksgiving Day online-only specials followed by unbeatable prices on Friday, Nov. 26 on electronics, home and apparel items. Also on Friday starting at midnight, Walmart will offer treats and entertainment to customers including 5-Hour Energy, Great Value Breakfast Bars, donut holes, Trident Gum and Hershey Holiday Kisses.(2) Electronics savings in store will continue on Saturday, Nov. 27 including the largest shipment of new Kinect sensors and Xbox 360 bundles while supplies last.
"We're making this year's Friday After Thanksgiving a special, festive event with big savings starting at midnight, and lots of food and fun for our customers while they shop and wait for the electronics deals starting at 5:00 a.m.," said Stephen Quinn, executive vice president and Chief Marketing Officer, Walmart, U.S. "Walmart's ability to easily price match competitors' ads right at the checkout registers mean our customers will save time and money on Nov. 26."
Thanksgiving Day Online-Only Specials
Customers can shop nearly 150 online-only specials this year at Walmart.com with savings up to 40 percent on many of the season's top gifts, including electronics, video games, toys and more. Walmart.com has been the top-visited online retail website for the past five years(3) and has tripled its number of online-only specials for Thanksgiving Day this year compared to last year allowing customers to get more savings and shop earlier from the comfort of their home. To help customers save even more, the retailer will offer free shipping to home on all electronics(4) and also offer free shipping with Site to Store on the majority of the items available for the Thanksgiving Day online specials.(5) Examples include:
- RCA 37" LCD HDTV – $399
- Acer Purple Netbook Bundle (includes case and flash drive) – $248
- Kodak M530 Camera Bundle (includes case and 4GB memory card) – $79
- Nintendo DSi Bundle (includes choice of two games and accessory kit) – $169
- Ematic 2GB MP3 player in multiple colors – $20
- Step 2 Easel for Two – $29
- K'NEX Lava Roller Coaster – $39
- Eureka Canister Vacuum – $49
- Faded Glory 4-in-1 Jackets for the whole family – $18
Snacks, Entertainment and Savings at Friday Midnight Open House
The vast majority of Walmart stores will be open 24 hours(6) on Thanksgiving Day with in-store specials kicking off at midnight and 5:00 a.m. on Friday, November 26. The Friday after Thanksgiving is typically one of the busiest shopping days of the year and Walmart will sell enough cameras on Friday alone to stack taller than 320 Empire State buildings. But, Walmart delivers more than savings to overnight customers who will feel the fun holiday spirit complete with sampling treats and giveaways.
Midnight Savings available in store, while supplies last include:
- Over 90 DVD titles including Lord of the Rings and Ice Age – $1.96
- Over 60 Blu-ray titles including The Dark Knight and Superbad – $5
- Select PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii video games, including Madden NFL 11 and Modern Warfare 2 – $29
- All Nintendo Wii gaming systems – $199 with $50 Walmart Gift Card(7)
- Toy Story 3 DVD – $10
- Zhu Zhu Pets – $4
- Select Board Games – $4
- Shark Steam Mop – $36
- Beautyrest® 500 thread count sheet sets (Full, Queen or King) – $19.88
- Mainstays 30-Piece Kitchenware Set – $24.87
- Jeep 3-Piece Luggage Set with Bonus – $29
- Wrangler Jeans for Men – $9
- Ladies Rider by Lee Jean – $8
- Kids 2 Piece Character Sleepwear Sets – $4
- Kids Character Fleece Hoodies or Thermal Tees – $4
Great electronics savings starting at 5:00 a.m. while supplies last include:
- 15.6" HP Laptop – $298
- Emerson 32" LCD HDTV – $198
- Sansui 19" LCD HDTV – $98
- Nintendo DS Lite (in multiple colors) – $89
- 15.6" eMachines Laptop – $198
- Kodak C183 Digital Camera (14 megapixels) – $59
- Tom Tom GPS XL 335 SE 4.3" GPS – $79
- Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player with $10 free VUDU movie credits – $69
Even More In-Store Savings on Saturday Morning
Electronics savings on a range of holiday wish list gifts including HDTVs, a Kinect bundle, Blu-ray Disc players and more will be available in Walmart stores on Saturday, Nov. 27, including:
- Sony 46" Bravia LCD HDTV – $698
- Sony Blu-ray Player – $94
- Sony Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player – $158
- Xbox/Kinect Bundle (includes Xbox 360 4GB console, Kinect sensor, Kinect Adventures! game and wireless controller) – $299
- Kinect for Xbox 360 – $149
- Beyonce I Am … Music Video DVD, only available at Walmart – $10
- Justin Bieber My Heart Edition CD, only available at Walmart – $10
- Vizio 37" LCD HDTV – $378 with $40 Walmart Gift Card(7)
In addition, on Saturday, Nov. 27, "Santa's helpers" will be on hand at many Walmart stores handing out free candy canes and helping kids with their toy wish lists.
(1) Price match guarantee doesn't apply to Walmart.com purchases
(2) Available in most Walmart stores
(3) Experian Hitwise Studies, 2005 – 2009
(4) Offer not valid on automotive tires and Walmart Marketplace items. Shipping surcharges may still apply in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Offer not valid on iPods and iPads
(5) Depending on item and availability. Marketplace items cannot be returned to stores
(6) Except as prohibited by local law. Please check your local store for confirmation of store hours.
(7) Gifts cards not eligible for use towards purchase.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), or "Walmart," serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.0 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine's 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/Walmartnews. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
More by this Source
Walmart.com Brings Back Top-Selling Black Friday Weekend Favorites for Green Monday
Dec 06, 2013, 00:01 ET
Black Friday Shoppers Have Spoken: Walmart Delivers Biggest Shopping Day of the Season
Nov 29, 2013, 06:00 ET
Doug McMillon Elected New Chief Executive Officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Nov 25, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.