Walmart Creates the Ultimate Savings Playbook Just in Time for the Big Game
Retailer Offers Savings Up to $560 on Select HDTV and Blu-ray Player Bundles
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Jan. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart (NYSE: WMT) announced today Game Time savings on HDTVs worthy of a touchdown celebration. Beginning on Sunday, Jan. 30 through Feb. 5 or while supplies last, football fans can go to their local Walmart and save up to $560 on a Samsung LED HDTV and Blu-ray Disc player bundle. Customers can also enjoy up to $100 savings on additional select HDTVs and up to $40 savings on select home theater systems.(1)
Gathering around the TV for the Big Game: The final game of the season is one of the biggest drivers of HDTV sales(2) with families getting their living room ready to watch the last gridiron clash. Walmart's Game Time HDTV savings (3) include:
- Vizio 32" LCD HDTV (720p, 60Hz, 31.5" diagonal screen size) – $348
- Phillips 40" LCD HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, 39.9" diagonal screen size) – $498 ($100 savings)
- Vizio 42" LCD HDTV (1080p, 60Hz, 42.0" diagonal screen size) – $548
- Vizio 47" HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, 46.1" diagonal screen size) – $698
- Samsung 40" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz, 40.0" diagonal screen size) and Blu-ray Disc Player Bundle – $748 (over $360 savings)
- Samsung 46" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz, 45.9" diagonal screen size) and Blu-ray Disc Player Bundle – $898 (over $560 savings)
- Vizio 55" LCD HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, 54.9" diagonal screen size) – $998
Bringing the Stadium Into the Living Room: It wouldn't be game day without the roar of the crowd. Walmart offers savings on home theater systems and a Vizio sound bar so football fans will feel like they are in Dallas for the big game.(3)
- Vizio High Definition Sound Bar – $98
- Sony DVD Home Theater System – $198 ($30 savings)
- Phillips Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System – $288 ($40 savings)
- LG Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System – $348 ($20 savings)
Walmart also offers a variety of healthy snack options for Game Time parties including veggie and fruit platters, ingredients to make low-fat guacamole and more. Additional information on Walmart's Game Time offers can be found at www.walmart.com/gametime.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) or "Walmart," serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,800 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine's 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/Walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
(1) Products available while supplies last. Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
(2) Megan Pollack, CEA Spokeswoman, as quoted in Home Theater Gear is a Booming Business (USA Today, 1/4/11)
(3) Products available while supplies last. Prices and availability may vary in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
More by this Source
Black Friday Shoppers Have Spoken: Walmart Delivers Biggest Shopping Day of the Season
Nov 29, 2013, 06:00 ET
Doug McMillon Elected New Chief Executive Officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Nov 25, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.