Wanderlust on the Rise for Older Adults: A Guide to Carefree Travel for Seniors
MySilverAge's guide to senior travel compares top destinations and tours for older adults.
GLENDALE, Calif., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The senior travel industry appears poised for a boom. In a report from the U.S. Census Bureau, the world population of people 65 and older is on track to double by 2060. And in the next 15 to 20 years, active seniors are expected to exhibit more adventuresome travel tastes than their predecessors.
With that in mind, MySilverAge has created a free, downloadable guide to travel options and trends for seniors. From bus tours to river cruises to adventure excursions, this guide compares destinations and packages that are specially suited to older adults.
Download the guide at http://www.mysilverage.com/travelguide
Highlights from the guide:
- Multi-month cycling trips range from $115 to $200 per day (including most meals and accommodations), and take active travelers—from ages 18 to 75—thousands of miles through locales all over the world.
- Seniors interested in more laid-back adventures may consider art, culture and culinary workshops overseas. These workshops, which are a great way to "develop new interests and enhance skills," can run from one week to 10 days and range from $2,200 to $3,000 per person.
- Whereas ocean liners can carry thousands of people, river cruises entertain at most 200 to 400 people at a time. It is this intimate setting that encourages socializing and makes it easy to meet new friends.
Download the full guide at MySilverAge to find out the best ways for seniors to see the world, plus get:
- Travel tips for safety and mobility
- Pricing for a range of tours
- Advice for meeting new people while traveling
- Tour company information and more
MySilverAge is a website and online resource center, brought to you by be.group, that is designed to help seniors enjoy "what's next." MySilverAge brings together thought leaders on the subject of successful aging, leading intelligence on healthy aging and senior living, and expert tips and advice for creating the home, community and relationships in which seniors can thrive.
As one of the country's largest nonprofit providers of senior living communities, be.group is committed to creating communities and services that make the lives of older adults more fulfilling. be.group's dedicated, well-trained staff is devoted to helping its residents and clients discover new ways to embrace life's possibilities and new options for exploring their potential. Follow @begroupliving on Twitter.
Managing Director, Content
More by this Source
10 Ways to Decrease Alzheimer's Risk
Dec 04, 2013, 11:38 ET
How to Talk to Aging Parents About Senior Housing
Nov 21, 2013, 10:00 ET
Staying Safe on the Road: Senior Driving Guide
Oct 30, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.